Baby come home || 23

Betty POV

Three days after Amelie and Sawyer were born, we were able to take them home.

"And we're home." Jughead whispered to Amelie who was sleeping peacefully in his arms. Sawyer was asleep on my shoulder. We walked them into the nursery. It was decked out in grey, as we didn't know the gender. As they were both asleep, we placed each in a crib. We left the door open, and we sat down on the couch. 

"Two little miracles." He whispered. 

"I'm so sorry about the bed." I laughed.

"Don't worry about the bed. My dad put a new mattress on." He chuckled. We sat on the couch, drowsy and looking into each others eyes, laughing at absolutely nothing due to a lack of sleep. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. Jughead went over and answered, and my mother came barging in. Tears were streaming down her face. At first I thought I was in trouble.

"Elizabeth. I'm so sorry!" She sobbed. She fell onto her knees, and began to sob uncontrollably. Jughead ran into the nursery to make sure the babies were still asleep. I ran down to her, and she pulled me in close. 

"I missed you so much. I'm so sorry." She whispered in my ear. "You are none of those things I called you. Chic was influencing me. I kicked him out. I told him I never wanted to see him again." Once she had calmed down a little, I sat her on the couch, and made her a coffee. Jughead had finally gotten the babies back to sleep, and came out and joined us. I was honestly ready to forgive her. She was my mother after all. Jughead, however, was not.

"I don't care what you say Alice! You took her away from me, hurt her. No." He snapped.

"Juggie." I said through gritted teeth. "Let her talk." My mom took a deep breath.

"I can't believe I did that to you Elizabeth. I'm so sorry." She sobbed, she held my hand tightly. Jughead looked at me as if he was telling me not to believe her.

"Please, just give me one more chance." She whispered. Jughead shook his head. I raised my eyebrow.

"We'll give you another chance, but you have to promise me you won't screw it up." I said sternly. Jughead had a look of defeat written across his face. 

"I won't honey, I promise." She grinned. She pulled me into a tight hug. She turned to Jughead.

"Please, please forgive me Jughead." She begged. Jughead sighed, and nodded. 

"Thank you both so much! Now can I meet my grandchildren?" She asked, much happier than I had seen her in a long time. Jughead and I both grabbed a baby, and headed back out to the lounge room. I gave her Amelie, and Jughead and Sawyer sat across from her. 

"Who's this angel?" My mother cooed.

"Amelie." I said softly. "And Jughead's got Sawyer." 

"Thank God! They have normal sounding names!" She laughed. 

"Yeah, Amelie May and Sawyer Ford." I grinned.