Tightened Love || 3

Betty POV 

The blue cotton dress was suprisingly itchy, so was the maroon cardigan. One day I had been locked up here, and already I wanted to get out. I craved Jughead's safety, and need to be in his arms. Every noise I jumped. Polly had told me about the corporal punishment, and already I had experienced it. Bruises were already appearing on my arms. I heard footsteps approch the door, and pulled the blankets all around myself. The door opened, and my mom and Chic were standing in the doorway. She closed the door behind them, and walked over to me slowly. 

"How dare you bring our family name down." She whispered deeply into my ear. I could feel a tear roll down my cheek. My mum roughly brushed the tear away. 

"Don't cry," She hissed. "It's your own fault." Then she slapped me, I could feel a stinging sensation across my cheek. Whilst she was giving me a death stare, one of the nuns walked in.

"Make sure Forsythe Jones doesn't visit." My mom whispered to her, and the nun nodded. My mum bent over so that she was at my eye level.

"Filthy slut" She whispered to me. Then she and Chic left the room. The nun stayed behind, and locked the door. 

"As soon as you give birth, we'll be taking that baby away from you." She snapped. "You'll never lay eyes on it." Then the nun left the room. I pulled my knees into chest, and sobbed into them. The matress was thin, and I could feel the inner springs. After an almost an eternity of silence, I heard shouting and heavy footsteps. My door swung open, and Jughead stood in the doorway. I ran over to him as soon as I could. I wrapped my arms around him as tightly as I could. 

"Don't let them hurt me." I sobbed. A man wearing entierly white harshly yanked Jughead out of my grasp. He still had my hand.

"I love you Betts." He yelled, and then he was dragged away before my eyes. 

Jughead POV

The picture of Betty was burned into my memory. Cold, afraid, alone. A single tear rolled down her cheek, as I was pulled away. The thought of her being here made me feel sick. The men in white had their hands on my arms. I shoved them off, and they pushed me off the property. 

"Never return!" They shouted at me. I could see Betty at the window. At first I was happy that I knew where she was, that maybe I would be able to communicate with her. But then I saw her get beaten. Seeing the pain on her face was the worst thing I had ever seen. I knew what I had to do, so I took off down the road to put my idea to action.