▍FOUR

it was nearing one in the morning when jimin finally came out. his clothing was disheveled and his hair was messier than before yoongi last saw him. a wild look to his eyes made the young man look frightened, and he probably was. yoongi got out of the car and helped him inside, but jimin flinched from his touch. so yoongi refrained from skin to skin contact and just opened the door and put on his seatbelt, trying his best to keep a comfortable distance from him.

"i'll take you to my place and you can sleep in my bed. we can talk in the morning," yoongi assured, and jimin nodded.

"c-can we hurry? my boss is looking for me." yoongi pushed namjoon's shoulder who started the car and drove off in the direction of yoongi's house. the ride was covered in silence besides the motors whirring as it ran and the light wind that blew against the vehicle. yoongi would make an effort to check on jimin in the back, noticing the young man sat with his eyes looking out of the window. he wondered if he focused on anything, and if that anything were important thoughts or simple wonders.

they arrived at yoongi's apartment where he helped jimin inside, making sure not to touch him directly. yoongi thanked namjoon and told him he'd explain a bit better the next time they saw each other and he waved him away. as yoongi guided jimin up to his house number, he noticed that the doll still had his jacket held tightly against his body. yoongi wanted to coo but he assumed that jacket meant a lot more to the poor soul than he could ever imagine. it was probably the nicest thing that has ever been done to him for years.

in fact, all of what yoongi was doing was extremely amazing. considering jimin's circumstances, yoongi was his ticket out and jimin received it. and it was all true. jimin was extremely grateful to yoongi for helping him—he just couldn't find the words to express that. he spent so many years keeping quiet that he no longer was able to express how he felt. but he decided he would find some way to inform yoongi.

walking inside, yoongi led him to the bedroom and got the bed ready. "you can sleep here," yoongi told him, turning on the bedside lamp that illuminated with a warm colored light. it was a rustic styled lamp; just about everything in the room, as jimin took the time to check it out, was themed around vintage and rustic elements. "i won't make you talk if you don't want to, plus i want to make sure you feel safe. i'll be out in the living room if you need anything. come to me for whatever you need, you won't be a bother. the bathroom is right across the hall, and if you'd like you can wear some of my clothing to bed."

"you want me to dirty your clothing?" jimin asked in a quiet voice. "and your bed?"

yoongi only laughed, a sweet smile adorning his cheeks. "don't think like that. i'm letting you use them because you deserve care."

jimin scoffed, sitting down carefully on the bed, the jacket still wrapped around his body. "i don't deserve the ground i walk on. that's why i was there for so long."

yoongi came around the other side, fluffing some of the pillow and repositioning the duvet. "sometimes we find ourselves in unlikely situations, but that doesn't mean we deserve anything less than another." jimin's doe-like eyes gazed upon yoongi, studying his features cautiously. yoongi could only smile. "get some rest, jimin."

yoongi then left, allowing the young doll to get comfortable. he was nervous of sleeping over at a house of someone he barely knew, but yoongi was the only person who showed any compassion and care towards him, so he decided to give the man a chance and trust him. it was his only hope of getting out.