▍NINE

yoongi left a note for jimin where he could see it before leaving. he had to go back to work anyways, considering his vacation was up, but now that he was getting ready he began to feel like staying at home. he had been putting a face on for jimin, to help him remain calm and feel safe, but truthfully yoongi was nervous. from what he has heard from jimin, this was going to be difficult. not only about taking the organization down, but also because he was going to have to protect jimin. he was, of course, the boss' prized possession, meaning anything and everything could happen to him. yoongi has to be careful. he couldn't allow jimin to fall into those hands again.

the next issue was his own boss. he had to somehow convince him that jimin was safer with him instead of at the agency. he didn't want to lock jimin up again, which is what the agency would end up doing, so he had to think long and hard about exactly what to say.

the detective's mind was just so filled with thoughts of jimin that he didn't even recognize the person who was standing next to him at his desk trying to get his attention.

"are you even listening?" yoongi jumped at the voice and nearly fell off his chair. when their eyes met, the smile on the man above him was too bright for the morning. "guess i really scared ya."

"don't do that to me," yoongi croaked, getting up and resetting himself at his desk. "i'm an old man, i could've gotten a heart attack."

"you're twenty-six, not forty. i just came to check on you."

yoongi looked at the man standing next to him. jung hoseok, twenty-three, just as well off as he was. they both were well respected detectives so they ended up with the best and most dangerous jobs. this man was all smiles, nothing seemed to get to him and it had been like that ever since he first joined as a secretary. he came a long way to where he was as so yoongi held so much respect and care for him. but because of that he had to be careful; yoongi's case could easily fall into hoseok's hands and that wouldn't be good.

"well i'm doing fine," yoongi stayed, gathering up some paperwork he was having to deliver. "i have to do something, though, so i'm sorry i couldn't chat longer."

hoseok waved his hand. "it's not a problem. we can chat over lunch if that's okay. good luck on whatever you're working on! hopefully i can be of some help later on!" yoongi smiled and nodded, watching the man bounce down the hallway. he let out a sigh and headed to the elevator, hitting the top floor button so he could deliver his discoveries to the boss himself.

an agonizing two hours passed, filled with annoying lectures and run through procedures, and yoongi left the office lucky to still have his head on his shoulders. of course he knew his boss would chew his ear off for harboring a victim to such degree like he did without consulting the office, but he didn't want to go in on his vacation. that was precious time he couldn't waste. he was lucky, though, that his boss understood that jimin was safer with him. being locked up and sold like jimin was, it was best to keep him away from such a situation again. while yoongi's home wasn't as safe as the steel walls of the agency, it was safer for his mind.

yoongi returned home, worn down and beat, kicking his shoes off and removing his trench coat with a slump to his body language. the only thing that woke him up was the sound of crying. he nearly ran into every furniture item he owned to find the source of the crying, and when he did he found himself standing in front of his bedroom's closet door. he didn't open it, he only crouched outside of the closed door.

"jimin?" he asked quietly, hearing a hiccup interrupt the cries. "i'm sorry. did you read my note?"

"yes," jimin croaked out.

"you were still scared, huh?" he didn't get a response but he knew the answer. jimin must've been afraid to be alone for so long. yoongi felt bad for leaving only a note and not at least waking the boy up to let him know. "i'm sorry. a note was stupid."

"i... wanted to see your face," jimin whispered. "i wanted to see you all day. you didn't come home in time... i thought i heard someone at the door, i was scared..."

"there are a lot of noises here, i understand. you can see my face now, can i come in?" there was silence before the creaking of the closet door, and yoongi slid inside, shutting it behind him. he sat next to jimin in the dark, seeing only slivers of him from the light that seeped through the cracks in the door. "i'm right here, see? my face is right here for you."

a small hand reached out to touch his cheek, running down his neck before wrapping around and pulling him into a hug. yoongi sighed softly, embracing the younger man as well, running small circles across his back. "next time i'll let you see my face before i leave, okay? and i'll make some changes to help you feel safe."

yoongi stayed in the closet with jimin until he calmed down, falling asleep in the detective's arm. the soft smile on yoongi's face remained, as he picked the man up and carried him out, lying him down on the bed and covering him up. he was going to do all he could to protect him; he absolutely had to.

-

haha. oops? i actually am updating???

i'm sorry for being gone for so long. i fucking hated life on here and i still do, but i can't stay away from my works, especially this one.

wattpad isn't a priority of mine, in fact i wanted to delete this account but i love my stories too much. so i will be trying to finish these up, which might take me a while. forgive me.

i hope you all didn't forget about this 🤧🤧