▍SEVEN

standing extremely close to yoongi with his arms wrapped around yoongi's own, jimin walked alongside of him with his head on a swivel. he was paranoid that his boss would send people out to find him; he was his precious boy after all and without him their business wouldn't be as successful. jimin knew that—he feared that—but every time jimin whined or jumped or clutched onto yoongi harder, the other just whispered that everything would be okay, that he'd protect him. for some odd reason, it worked at calming him down. 

jimin followed shyly behind yoongi, on his heel almost, as they visited the different shops in the strip mall. yoongi would pick up something and give it to jimin only to have him turn it down before moving onto the next. it wasn't that jimin didn't want new clothing, it was just that he wasn't comfortable in anything and he didn't want yoongi—who was still a total stranger—to spend money on him. but the more jimin examined, the more he realized that yoongi didn't really mind. it confused the doll but he decided to finally give in, if it made yoongi happy.

"what about this hoodie?" the elder asked and jimin finally took a good look at it. it was a bright orange color with a cute patch of a slushie on the left side of the front. "it's kind of nice, huh?"

"yeah," jimin agreed and he noticed the other male's face light up. 

"what's your size? we can get a few of these. every color has a different patch!"

"uh... medium, i think." yoongi grabbed a few and then took jimin to the pants section. yoongi encouraged him to pick out a few shorts and sweats and whatever he wanted. so jimin did just that, finally relaxing and having fun. it was quite a relief if he were to be honest with himself. he didn't enjoy being paranoid and afraid all the time, so having this moment with yoongi felt great. it even caused a small smile to form on his face which the elder man noticed.

"is that... a smile i see on your face?" yoongi got a little closer but jimin turned away shyly. "why'd you turn? that was probably the most beautiful thing i have ever seen."

"shut up," jimin spoke with a blush. "you're just saying that."

"i'm completely serious. smiles look good on you." jimin didn't believe his words. he wanted to but it was still hard to believe someone cared for him. yoongi showed a lot of interest in taking care of him and jimin was still a little overwhelmed. but even through his conflicting feelings he was truly grateful. 

he had to make it up to yoongi. 

"anyways," the elder began, carefully taking jimin's hand, "let's pay for these and get some food. i'm starving! we can talk a little if you're up for it as well." jimin nodded along and allowed himself to be guided through the aisles and lines. it was a little crazy, the only thing truly in jimin's view was yoongi and he questioned why that was so. he didn't really mind it, though. he preferred it over most.