🔱1.2🔱

Published: April 8th 2018

Edited: January 6th 2020

Spencer's body sinks into the worn out leather of the seat. Her eyes flickering between every detail of the car.

The cliché old school radio embedded into the dash, the bumblebee airfreshner and even the scratchy seat belt.

Sam glances over toward his 'cousin'. He laughs at her obvious enthusiasm.

"Never knew you were a car junkie." His voice breaks her concentration and she sends the boy a harsh glare.

" You have your hobbies I have mine." She growls before resuming her admiration.

They pull into the Witwicky household just behind the patriarch of the house.

The first thing seen as she steps out is the pair of black converse. They thud softly against the pavement. She places her weight on both of her tan legs shifting from foot to foot to rid them of the stiffness.

Samuel scurries inside mumbling to himself about some girl. Spencer laughs and follows at a leisurely pace. Carefully avoiding stepping on the grass that Ronald calls his pride and joy.

Skillfully climbing the stairs, Spencer counts each step. 17 stairs, 3 steps to the hallway, 6 steps to her doorway, 9 to her bed.

Flopping down Spencer slides her Stark brand phone from it's place in her ripped backpack. With a sigh she scrolls through the messages. Retweets, likes on instagram, the usual.

Her hand falls to her head as she closes her eyes for a moment. What seemed like seconds later, Sam shoves to door open and throws his body next to hers.

" The party is gonna be over without us." She peeks one eye open and glances over at the clock.

7:56.

What seems to be a few seconds, was actually a full two and a half hours.

"The party doesn't start till 8:30." She mumbles in reply. Her pillow pressed to her face.

"I know. We're gonna be late!" He sits up arms flailing to prove his point. Spencer props herself up on her elbows and gives the boy a questioning gaze.

"Go without me why don't you, I'll meet your there." Her voice is groggy from the recent sleep and her hair is disheveled.

Without another word, Sam stands up and exits the room. Spencer rolls her eyes and tries to fall back into her dreamland but fails.

A groan fills the silence as she sits up rubbing her tired eyes.

She stretches feeling her back pop in all the right places. Walking to her closet, she pulls out tight skinny jeans, A pair of Alpine star brand riding boots, a white T-shirt, and a tight leather jacket.

She begins to walk out the door of her bedroom before stopping and grabbing the black helmet from atop the shelf.

She lazily opens the back door and remains on the stone path. When she enters the garage, at first the lights won't turn on, but after a few tries the dim light flickers throughout the room.

Sliding the helmet over her head, Spencer leans on the black and green Kawasaki Ninja 1000.

Once the helmet is secure under her chin, the girl pushes the bike through the open garage door.

Stopping, she inserts the key in the ignition before checking every pocket to ensure she has her essentials.

'Wallet, Phone, keys check.'