🔱2.2🔱

"It's like my Super Bowl jersey," Sam's obvious tone causes a disgusted look to cross his girlfriend's face, "I bled in this thing."

"Wow. You're pretty confident, aren't you?"

"No. It's not that, it's just that my low self-esteem is at an all-time high." Sam's look is lopsided, emphasizing his happy mood.

Mikaela shakes her head and ignores his comment, "You think your little box of souvenirs is going to keep me from leaving you?"

Sam's smile falls and he speaks much more quietly, "You should come with me. They've got apartments near campus for cheap."

Mikaela frowns, she can't just pick up and leave her dad, he needs her, he's just gotten out of jail. His parole being kept should be her top priority right now. So why does his offer so tempt her?

"Well, that's not gonna happen until I get my Man-Child father, fresh out of prison, back on his feet."

Her father calls out his protest of the nickname in the background. She giggles, giving him a small wave, "Where'd you put the clutch covers?" Mikaela is thoughtful for a moment before replying.

"Next to the camshafts!"

Sam smirks and decides to tease his girlfriend, "I love it when you say 'camshafts'. Whisper it to me." Mikale complies before sighing.

"Why can't I hate you?" Her voice is playful but hides an underlying hurt.

"It's my Witwicky charm." Sam trudges up the stairs once more, coming across the sweater, and sitting on the bed to inspect it further, "Wait, hold on a second." Sam removes a small sliver of metal from the sweater, discovering it to be a piece of the All-Spark.

"I guess we're not breaking up, I'll be over there in 20."

"I think a piece of the cube got stuck on my shirt." He winces, dropping the metal and watching it fall through the floor and into the kitchen. He rushes downstairs, phone in hand to see the sliver has started a fire in the kitchen.

Mikaela calls out Sam's name but receives no answer.

"There's a fire! Dad, we got a fire!" Sam in some form of rash stupidity, rushes toward the fire and discovers several tiny Cybertronians made out of their kitchen appliances.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spencer smirks, watching her brother frustratedly search through the liquor cabinet on the main Avengers living floor. She's hidden Tony's favourite bourbon, it's 15 years old and 'the best damn drink for the worst damn days.' 

The older Stark sibling is convinced his day is the worst it can be, Spencer is leaving for a few days. Staying near Samuel's college. Surprising Bee, and Sam. Mostly Bee. 

Steve laughs from behind Spencer, she spins on her barstool to see the super soldier leaning in the doorway watching amusedly. 

Spencer wiggles her fingers at him in greeting. The necklace still firmly attached around her neck. Zeus, the still small Doberman Pinscher sits in her lap, yawning and stretching, the spin having woken him from his nap.

"Ms. Stark, your bags have been loaded and your car is running." Her smile falters, she turns around to see Tony, still upset giving her puppy eyes. 

"Do you really have to go? Please don't leave me with the riff-raff!" She shakes her head and embraces him promising a speedy return. She walks past Steve giving him a side hug and a smile, before heading down to the garage. Where all the Avenger's vehicles are stashed. 

She walks past her still new black and blue Lamborghini Hurucan Spyder convertible, and to an even newer black Jeep Wrangler. She sets the tired pup into the passenger seat before sliding into the driver seat.

After assuring all safety precautions, she presses the overhead garage door button attached to the driver side visor and drives out of the garage. Destination, airport, onto the Stark cargo plane and then out at Sam's new stomping grounds.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sam paces angrily outside of the now destroyed house. He's just told Bumblebee off. Mikaela sits beside him, on her motorcycle. She removes her helmet and sighs seeing him this stressed out. Sam swiftly approaches Mikaela, cube sliver in hand. 

"Come here. Listen, I need you to put the cube sliver in your purse." Mikaela questions him but Sam dodges the answer. 

"SAM Witwick. A word with you." Judy's tone leaves no room for arguing. "Hi, Mikaela I have a bald spot."

"Hi."

"From a waffle iron," her gaze returns to Sam, "when you're gone, He's gone. I can't have a psychotic alien living in my garage." Ron steps forward. 

"Judy... national security, look if we stay quiet, they're gonna take care of everything. Consider this the start of our remodel." Judy's red face slowly loses a small amount of its colour.

"FIne, but if the government is paying I want a pool and a hot tub!" She marches away from Sam and Mikaela, not before waving at the latter of course. Ron sighs and follows his fury-filled wife back toward the firefighters who're attempting to put out the fire. 

Sam growls and enters the garage looking angrily at a sheepish Bumblebee, "Yeah you know you're in trouble." Mikaela sticks her head into the small space.

"Is he still having voice problems?" 

"He's playing it up." Bee makes an offended noise and starts fake scolding Sam, "Bee, I want to talk to you about college, alright?" Bee's face brightens and he begins playing The Pointer Sisters' 'I'm so excited' through his stereo. He clicks his fingers and dances along to the beat. "Hey, I'm not taking you with me." The music abruptly stops and Bee begins to cry. The windshield washer fluid and wipers acting as tears as he makes depressed noises.

"I'm gonna wait outside." Mikaela backs away slowly through the semi-broken door and shoots Bumblebee an apologetic look. 

"I meant to tell you about this earlier, It's just that, you know... freshmen aren't allowed to have cars," Bee makes a noise of protest, "I know and if it were up to me, I would take you with me, but it's not Bee. Look, you're an Autobot, you shouldn't be cooped up in my Dad's garage. I mean you're suffocating in here you deserve better than this," the Cybertronian looks away, hurt at the revelation, "don't make this harder on me, could you look at me please?" 

Mikaela removes her leather riding gear outside of the garage to reveal a flowy white sundress that falls just above her knees. She hurriedly brushes her hair to one side trying to look presentable for her boyfriend. It is after all the last time she'll see him for a while. 

Sam exits the garage leaving an upset best friend behind. 

"So you think you'll make it through these east coast winters without me?" His tone is cheeky, trying to lift the already dampened mood, "you're the best thing that's ever happened to me."

"And?" Mikaela's eyes sparkle a little. If Spencer were here she'd gag just to ruin their little moment.

"And I'll do anything for you."

"And?"

"I think Sam is about to say the L-word," Judy mumbles not so suddenly. 

"Time to go kiddo!"

"Nice timing Dad."