🔱1.4🔱

Spencer hums a tune pretending to be oblivious of the robots standing tensely against the house.

Sam sticks his head out the window not noticing Spencer standing in the yard.

"We can't find it!" He all but yells toward the 'hidden' Autobots. Spencer pivots on her heel and looks up to sam in the window.

She mockingly tuts at the Autobots.

"That is a terrible hiding place." Her tone is strict but her eyes reflect intense amusement. Her phone beeps suddenly.

'Download file 927634-Alpha from shield classified files. Fury found me out. Change of plans.'

Without returning her gaze to her brother she hurries back inside and to her waiting laptop.

Sam looks at the Autobots in bewilderment.

"Did she know?" Mikaela sticks her head out the window. She shrugs and watches the brunette returned to the house, duffel is forgotten on the grass.

A door slam next to them confirms that Spencer has entered her own room and probably locked the door.

Low and behold, Spencer sits in the dark typing away on her laptop.

ACCESS DENIED

ACCESS DENIED

ACCESS DENIED

ACCESS DENIED

ACCESS DENIED

ACCESS GRANTED

WELCOME SPENCER STARK

The glow if the screen illuminates the bottom half of the young girl's face. A smile rests on her face as she stares down at the words on the screen.

Her fingers glide across the keyboard as she sends the information forward to Tony.

There's suddenly a loud bang from outside and the power goes out. A panicked scream comes from downstairs.

A light shines underneath her door and there's yelling going on toward Samuel.

She glances back toward the door, listening to the commotion in the hallway.

"Spencer! Are you alright?!" she quickly shuts her laptop and opens the door.

"Yeah, I'm alright. Where's the fire?" Her expression gives away nothing of what she could've been doing before she opened the door.

Ron ignores her question and begins pounding on her teenage brother's door.

"Sam, are you in there?" His fist smashing harshly against the door. "How come the door's locked? You know the rules! No locked doors in my house!"

Judy rolls her eyes and shares a look with Spencer. "You know he'll start counting!" She calls to her son. "If you don't open the door!"

Ron takes in a breath, "One more chance, five..." Spencer sighs and leans against the door frame of her own room as Judy mutters 'Oh dear' under her breath.

"Four, it's coming off the hinges pal!" Ron attempts to be intimidating by puffing out his chest even if Sam can't see it.

"He's counting!" Spencer calls toward the locked door with a silent chuckle. "Sam just open the goddamn door!" She laughs, earning a glare from Ron.

"Three."

Judy places a hand to her forehead, "oh, my."

"Two!"

"He's counting." The two girls catch each other's gazes, one more humoured than the other.

"Stand back." Ron braces to breach the door. Just as it opens.

"Hey what's going on? What's with the bat?" Sam's gaze sweeps over the three people in front of him.

"Who were you talking to?" His father's tone is more accusatory than questioning.

"I'm talking to you." Sam snarks in return. Spencer lets out a noise of surprise. Is Sam being snarky? That's her thing.

"Why are you so sweaty and filthy?" Judy's nose wrinkles in disgust.

Sam scoffs, "I'm a child, you know, I'm a teenager."

Got that right.

"We heard voices and noises. We thought maybe you were-" Ron waves his hands.

"It doesn't matter what we thought. What was that light?" Spencer sends Sam a look from behind their parents and the latter gulps.

"No, what light. What?" Sam plays dumb as Spencer silently laughs in the background, "Dad there was no light!"

"You've got two lights in your hands." Spencer chimes in. Sam nods at her discreetly.

"Yeah, that's what it is!" He sighs. "Look you can't just bounce into my room like that. You gotta knock, you gotta communicate."

"We knocked for five minutes." Ron deadpans

"I'm a teenager." Spencer mocks his earlier statement. Sam begins to argue even more with the two and Spencer rolls her eyes.

She slowly backs away and heads downstairs, headed for the fridge.

'Tinder Profile: I enjoy romantic walks to the fridge.' Spencer snorts out loud at her own joke before opening the door and pulling out a Pepsi.

Just as she's about to crack open the can, there's a knock at the door. Her eyes flutter shut in annoyance and she lets out an internal scream.

She sets the can down on the counter before trudging to the door. She opens it and raises an eyebrow. The men on the other side stand tall, toying with 'intimidation'. Their suits a sleek black and most of them have greasy hair. Especially goon numero uno.

"Can I help you?"

"Are you Spencer Witwicky?"