CHAPTER FOUR||MEET THE PARENTS

The following night was the so called Huntzberger family dinner. Logan was already stressing about it; because he was showing off his new girlfriend to his parents as a buffer for Honor's engagement announcement. His nerves were through the roof. He knew that Shira could either rip her to shreds or play nice—fake smile and all. His father, however, would most likely come how late to avoid the brutal Huntzberger Shanghai of '05—at least that's what's to be expected. Lastly there's Elias, Logan's grandfather. He is a wild card. In the middle of his pacing, Logan caught the time and went to get dressed in what is acceptable wear when going to the cold mansion for dinner.

Rory was truly nervous, almost shaking with anxiety. She was going to meet his parents, and by the sounds of things it's not going to a be a pleasant night. But four years of Friday Night Dinners was preparation for this moment, or so she hopes. Rory took a deep breath as she glances at the dress, she chose and was Emily approved, then exhaled while getting prepared for the nightmare ahead.

Rory got dressed in a beautiful, navy-blue, knee-length dress. It was sleeveless and had a boat neckline. Once she zipped up her dress, Rory curled her medium-length hair and put on minimal amount of make-up on—keeping a more natural look. She grabbed her silver four-inch heels and strapped them on. Rory finally grabbed her silver beading clutch (a gift from grandma Emily) and made sure her phone was on silent before dropping it inside of the clutch along with a few emergency essentials. Rory was making sure she looked alright, and walked out to get Paris's opinion.

"How do I look?" Rory asked giving a slow turn around.

"You look good. Going to meet the parents I presume?" Paris simply commented with a short glance, paying more attention to C-SPAN.

"Yes. I hope I make a good first impression." Rory worries, fiddling with her clutch.

"You defiantly will." Paris insisted.

Before Rory began her rant about how she never really did well with the whole meeting the parents type thing and that if she gave the wrong impression than what will happen to her relationship, and all that crap, there was a knock on the door. Rory abruptly opened the door, finding Logan looking exceptionally handsome in a tux. She waited for his greeting, but she watched amusingly as his jaw dropped at the sight of her.

"Ace... wow.... you look gorgeous!"

"Thank you. You okay there? You might want to close your mouth or you'll catch some flies." Rory teased, batting her eyelashes innocently.

Logan blinked, getting over his sudden awe of his girlfriend all dolled up for meeting his parents, "Oh uh... yeah. Ready to go?" Logan asked and casually offered his arm. Rory took and then went to close her door.

"Yep, let's go. Bye Paris!" Rory called out to her friend before leaving.

"Bye." Paris barely got out, before the door shut.

Paris smiled softly as she got up and flipped the lock and turned to the empty common room. Paris went to their mini kitchen and collected the shared junk food stash and settled in on the couch ready to enjoy her recorded Telenovelas.

Logan and Rory walked to Logan's car, talking adamantly about anything and everything that was not related to family. Logan drove to the massive mansion in Hartford and pulled in with great reluctance. Logan parked his car and then sat there staring at the grim castle. Rory watched him as he looked at his former residence the same way her mother looked at the Gilmore Mansion every Friday night.

"Logan?" Rory asked gently, she needed to get him inside and face his family. He needed to show them that they held no power over him, he may be their son, but he is his own person who makes his own decisions. If it's anything she's learn from her mother and the vexing Friday Night Dinners, it's that.