CHAPTER EIGHT||HOSPITAL VISITS

Paramedics had rushed into the ballroom and lifted a passed-out Rory from Logan's hold which got difficult when he kept fighting them, denying them from taking her away from him. Honor talked some sense into him and the paramedic carefully picked her up, glancing at him a few times to make sure that he wouldn't suddenly attack for touching his girl. But Logan was fine, sad, concerned, worried, and angry, but otherwise fine.

The ride to the hospital was uneventful, thankfully. Logan had ridden with her, holding her hand, and telling her that everything would be okay. That she would be okay and that he won't leave. The elders of the Gilmore-Hayden family helped dismiss the party before following to Hartford General Hospital.

It didn't occur to anyone to call Lorelai and Christopher until Richard was half way to the hospital. Apparently, they didn't show up to the event of the century—which will be rescheduled for another time with a more shorter guest list, but the announcement will be viewed live and details are to be discussed when Rory is better.

Logan was a nervous wreck as he kept his eyes trained on Rory's breathing. She hasn't woken up, and it's been almost an hour. His worry was suffocating.

Once they arrived at the hospital, the paramedics rush her in and start up some tests to see what is wrong with her brain and wrist. Her wrist was inflamed and swollen. No where else seemed to be hurt, so that was a good sign. She had a bump on the right side of her forehead, bruising and was sure to bring on a painful headache when she awoke.

Logan was forced to wait in the waiting area by the nurse and paramedic that had pulled him away as they took her away to examine her. The nurse and paramedic left him alone once he stopped threatening them and he was calmed down for the most part. Logan was fighting his anxiousness when he jumped out of his skin by the sudden loud voice of a familiar Aussie interrupting his thoughts.

"Logan mate, how's mother?" Finn loudly asked walking up behind Logan. He was dressed down in a regular t-shirt and jeans. His long stride towards Logan was fast. Worry was etched on the Aussie's face.

"Finn, when did you get here?" Logan turned to him swiftly, his voice curious and relieved. The tension in his body deflated only a little in the presence of his friend.

"Steph was at the party and texted Colin, who was with me and Robert. We got here as soon as we could. Now, answer my question, mate." Finn explained, his voice taking a serious note that nearly shocked Logan. He hasn't heard him speak seriously since boarding school and he was telling a teacher that the girl was innocent and the boy was at fault. The girl was Stephanie and the boy had blamed Steph for the broken aquarium.

"Oh, well, I don't know. They just took her in ten minutes ago." Logan admitted, almost defeated as worry ate at him.

"Logan! There you are! How's Rory?" Rosemary asked followed by Steph, Juliet, Colin, Robert, Paris, and Madeline. The elder Gilmore-Hayden family members and the Huntzberger family weren't far behind.

Emily and Francine parted off to go get information out of the nurse's station, but Richard pulled them both back, expressing that Logan has been here and should have information on her well-being.

"I don't know, they are still running tests." Logan spoke, sighing. He collapsed into a chair, running his hands through his blond locks.

"She'll be okay son, she's a fighter." Mitchum commented to try and calm his son's nerves. He may not have been the best father and come across as neglectful, but he does know how to read body language and he has witnessed many emotional situations involving his son and daughter.

Logan looked up at his father with conflicting feelings.

"Mitchum's right about her being a fighter. She'll pull through." Francine added, "She always does." Francine gives Logan comforting smile.

"She's a strong girl, just like her mother, her grandmother and my mother." Richard confirms, looking at Emily dearly. She looks back at him lovingly.

And then a doctor walks towards the crowd in his white coat and dark blue scrubs.

"Family of Lorelai Leigh Gilmore-Hayden?" He asked to the crowd.

All her family and friends stood up and the doctor looked at everyone, giving a slight nod before he asked, "Parents?"

"They got caught up. I'm her grandfather." Richard says stepping forward, hoping they'll give information up at the mention of his relation to Rory.

"Okay, well I'm Doctor Henderson. Rory is fine, she has a bump and bruise on her head where she hit it. She's out of the woods."

"That's good right?" Finn asked a little anxious for Reporter Girl.

"Yes, it's good." Dr. Henderson said.

"We're here! We're here!" Lorelai called as she rushed in. Chris in tow.

"Are you the parents of Lorelai Leigh Gilmore-Hayden?" Dr. Henderson asked.

"Gilmore-Hayden?!" Lorelai and Chris exclaim. Shock and horror crossed their faces. Lorelai was not expecting Hayden to be attached to her name, ever. She never wanted her to be more connected to society than she already is. Christopher was beyond thrilled as his shock started to wear off and a massive grin split his face. When Lorelai caught it she glowered.

"Yes, that is what I said. Now, are you her parents?"

"Yes, what's wrong with her?" Chris asked immediately ignoring Lorelai and her death glare that could put him six feet under.

"She hit her head pretty hard, but she is fine now. She's sleeping. Her left wrist is sprained badly and will need to be in a wrap for a while." Dr. Henderson said, looking at her chart, "She passed out when she hit the floor causing shock through her body."

"Could we go see her?" Lorelai asked.

"Yes, but only two at a time."

"Logan, you should go in first." Chris says.

"Are you sure?"

Both parents nod.

"You've been here longer. And I'm sure you really want to see her. Plus, I'm still processing the Gilmore-Hayden thing." Lorelai says.

Logan nods and follows the doctor to Rory's room.

Logan looks at Rory asleep on the hospital bed. The medical machines she was hooked up to were beeping, and being the only besides her breathing you could hear. His panic turned to relief, but his worry was still there as she slept. And so, Logan did the only thing he could thing of to show her that he was there. He went over to Rory's bedside, leaned over, and placed a kiss on her forehead. When he leaned back, he moved a loose strand of dark hair behind her ear. He held her hand in his, feeling her soft skin against his rougher texture. She was pale and frail and the sight crushed his heart.

"Hey, Ace." He said to her gently, his brown eyes begging to see those baby blues look back at him. But they never did.

***EDITED JULY 21, 2020***