CHAPTER SEVEN||TRISTAN

Tristan wanted to see how his Mary was doing, he hasn't heard anything about her as of late and he wanted to catch up before he was departed to Siberia. He waited patiently, although nerves were building up as he waited, she ignored him. He tapped her shoulder hesitantly, but she didn't turn around. He was getting irritated.

As Rory continued with their conversation, catching up with what they've been up to in the past couple years.

"Ugh, he is just so amazing it's annoying!" Madeline exclaimed annoyed, but laughing.

"Well, as long as he makes you happy that's all that matters." Rory smiled.

Before Madeline could agree Tristan turned Rory to face him, he held her in place firmly. Rory's eyes widened and she glanced at Madeline for help, but she bowed her head and walked away. Rory's eyes flashed with hurt, but Madeline was sorry that she couldn't help, not with the blackmail Tristan has on her. Not that he remembers from nearly six years ago, but it's enough to not dare with that line.

"Mary. It's not nice to ignore someone who wants to talk to you." Tristan smirks, his voice holding a sharp edge. Rory winced.

"Well, I was no doubt in the middle of a conversation. But since you seem to be blind by the fact that I was talking to a friend. I don't see the problem to why I should be talking to you." Rory said, her body ridged and voice clipped.

Tristan glared, but the playful smirk never went away, but he did pull her closer. Rory leaned away from him as far as she could in his hold at her waist.

"Mary, I need to speak with you. It's urgent." His tone was dead serious and it scared Rory.

Should she go with him and listen to what he has to say, or stay, stay with Logan and her friends and her family and guests?

Rory twists, trying to get away and bumps into a stool. The bartender was watching the exchange carefully. The movement of the stool squeaking received some looks from the nearest guests.

"Oh, careful." Tristan said loud enough so those that were looking looked away. His grip had loosened and Rory slipped from his hands and stood feet away, the stool in between them.

"You will do no such thing." Rory hissed, glaring at Tristan.

Tristan sighed and looked up at the ceiling before looking at his shoes. He shook his head before looking up at Rory.

"We need to talk and we can't do it here." He says, he was working to keep his calm. This was not going the way he wanted it to. He didn't want to be the bad guy.

Rory shook her head, looking away and into the crowd looking for Logan.

"Boyfriend, here?" Tristan asked through gritted teeth. He watched as Rory absently nodded.

"Bag boy? He doesn't deserve you, Mary. No one deserves you, but I'd like to try to be the one you deserve." Tristan scoffed before his eyes flickered and an emotion that Rory's never seen in his crystal blue eyes. He had stepped forward and put his hands on her waist again.

Rory was speechless, frozen in place as she looked at Tristan in shock. He went to move forward but he decided against it.

"This is the last chance I have to see you and speak to you. I just want to talk, Mary." Tristan was almost begging; he didn't want to leave without telling her.

"I—I can't Tristan, I'm sorry. But you need to go." Rory said, folding her arms, making herself smaller.

Tristan wanted to cry. She was afraid of him?

"She said to go, Tristan." A voice said coming up behind Tristan. Tristan groaned, his jealousy and anger spiked.

He turned around to find Logan, a childhood friend and distant cousin.