Girls talk boys~Michael Clifford

Words: 2.6k

Lyric: Falling and falling until I fell

For you

“Michael did you book the uber?” I groaned, I heard him huff as he pulled all out suitcases from the conveyor belt and slamming then onto the trolley. He looked up at me and laughed, nodding his head and leaning over to kiss my cheek.

“You worry to much baby.” Michael took the suitcase trolley from my hands and started pushing it towards the exit, Dave close behind us. I groaned as Dave laughed, taking two of the four carry on bags I was holding.

We had just got off the plane from our three week holiday in Rome, Italy which Michael had tied in my 24th birthday and it was absolutely beautiful. Michael and I hadn’t seen each other in three months due to him and the boys finishing up the last leg of their tour, to which Michael phoned me drunk whilst crying about missing the stage already. What I didn’t know was that the boys were on the plane back home and they were just pretending to be at a party so they would be able to surprise us (the girls) at home.

“Y/N? Did you bring the umbrella?” I heard Michael ask, rooting through the bags Dave was carrying.

“Mike baby its in your back pocket.” I giggled and slid my hand into his back pocket, grabbing the small yet handy umbrella. It wasn’t raining just yet but the grey and dark purple, stormy clouds were a tell tale sign that it would be soon.

As we waited inside for our uber to turn up, umbrella at the ready, Michael wrapped his arms around me and started to sway us from side to side. He placed a kiss to my temple and whispered ‘I love you’ over and over again making me blush and hide my face in his armpit.

We had been childhood sweethearts Michael and I. Well we were best friends at the beginning but as we grew up, Michael two years older, we started to come closer in ways best friends don’t. Michael always left hints that he was interested in me, but being oblivious as a rock he grew frustrated. On my 16th birthday Michael threw a cupcake at me whilst we were standing with a group of our friends and when I turned to him, ready to throw one back he cupped my cheeks and kissed me like I had never been kissed before. Luke, Calum and Ashton cheered him on as my friends gasped and squealed, my best friend Jasmine holding my brothers back from ripping us apart.

When he pulled away from me he laughed and put his forehead against mine and said, “I’ve been waiting years to do that but you’re so fucking blind.” He didn’t notice I had a cupcake in my hand until I smashed the blue sponge with red frosting into his face, the frosting covering his lips and cheeks. He squealed like a princess and got me back, but missing and hitting my oldest brother on his new clothes - And that’s how a cake fight erupted on my sixteenth birthday but I didn’t care as I pulled Michael in for another kiss that took my breath away.

“Y/N darling, the uber is here.” Michael spoke as his phone screen lit up with a text saying that the uber was waiting for us. Dave took control of the trolley and pushed it out to the sleek black car, leaving Michael to carry the two floral carry on bags. We both giggled at Dave’s grumpiness and followed after him like children, Michael trying to trip me up only to pull me into his side and bite my cheek playfully.

Once Michael and Dave said goodbye after loading up our bags, we were finally off to our home. I had been craving the feeling of the soft, memory foam mattress and thick blankets all day. We knew the drive back home would be long so we got talking to the driver who was a really big fan of Michaels band, actually having all of their 6 albums on every format you could think of. To say Michael got over excited would be an understatement as he completely ditched being my pillow for the journey home and started talking to the driver about instruments, how Michael, Calum and Luke always seem to dodge tripping over the wires that connected them to speakers and of course the parties that happened after finishing each leg of their tour.