Smirk/Part 3~Luke Hemmings

It's been a long time since I have read this and I think it doesn't have any smut in it but I felt like I needed to finish the series
.
That following Monday was one of the most uncomfortable ones I'd endured in my life. Despite the fact that it was the worst day of the week, it was also the first time I was actually able to be confronted by Luke.

Over the weekend, I'd gotten numerous texts, most of them saying something very similar. I don't know how he got my number and I guess I didn't know for sure it was actually him, but the content was enough to tell me who it was.

I was lucky that by Monday most of the hickeys that had been left on my neck and chest were close to gone, so make up fixed up that little problem rather nicely. I wore a scarf to school, just to be safe. The marks were nothing more than sad little reminders to me.

Walking through the hallways, I averted my eyes from everyone in the crowd, staying to myself and looking down as I walked. I was rarely this solitary during school, but I didn't want to take the risk of encountering the one person I wanted to avoid today.

Getting to my locker, I began to put my things in, feeling my breath catch every time someone would slow near where I was or stop at a locker near mine. When I felt someone lean up against my locker, I gritted my teeth, preparing for it to be Luke, but looking up I instead met the green eyes of my friend, Michael. He smiled kindly down at me and I let out a breath I didn't know I was even holding.

"Hey, you okay?" was the first thing he asked me, and I knew I was showing how shaken I was on the outside. I let out a sigh and nodded my head, reaching in my locker and grabbing my books. "Okay, now that you gave me your classic bullshit answer, do you want to tell me what's actually wrong?" he asked again, closing my locker when I was done and walking alongside me to homeroom.

"Nothings wrong really, just enduring the ever awful hardships of being a girl," I told him, shrugging my shoulders and trying to wave it off.

"So, you're on your period?" he asked, looking at me smartly, as if he knew everything about women. I just laughed at him, genuinely laughing, which actually felt nice.

"No, just catching unhealthy feelings for someone who I knew I shouldn't," I told him, and even I thought my voice sounded a little sad. I looked up at him, shrugging one of my shoulders again, trying to show him I was fine.

"Okay, is this going to be one of those things where like, you're in love with me or whatever and I'm supposed to be in love with you too, because I hate to break it to you but, I don't think stuff like that actually works in the real world," he told me, making me laugh again. I knew he was just trying to lighten the mood, and I was grateful for it.

"Mikey, no worries, I'm not in love with you," I assured him, and he dramatically clutched his heart, pretending to be broken hearted. I snickered at him again as we took our seats, waiting for the teacher to do roll call.

"So, are you ever going to tell me who it is then? Cause I would seriously love to kick some ass on your part," Mikey said.

I looked at him for a long moment, trying to decide if I should actually tell him what was bothering me. I knew I could trust him, he'd been my friend since we were still shitting in diapers, but I felt a little ashamed telling him, honestly. I knew he wouldn't judge me for jumping into bed with Luke because he's had his share of one night stands, but this was someone we all knew I should stay away from. Luke was consistently proving to girls why he shouldn't be trusted, yet I fell into his stupid trap anyway.