Chapter 27: A Tussle Between Mischief and a Valkyrie

Once they left the throne room, Loki pulled Jamie to the side.

"Jamie, you go ahead and look for Thor outside. I'll meet you later," he said.

"Are you sure?" she asked.

"Yes. I need to take care of something," Loki responded.

Jamie sighed, kissed him quickly, then answered, "Alright, fine. But be careful."

"Always am," he stated.

"Why do I find that hard to believe?" she smirked and ran off.

Meanwhile, Valkyrie and Loki continued onward.

"What have you done?" Loki asked.

"I don't answer to you like your girlfriend does, lackey," Valkyrie remarked.

"It's Loki," he corrected, grabbing her arm, then added, "And you will not insult Jamie, but you will answer to the Grandmaster."

She got him off her then they drew their weapons.

"Why would you help my brother escape with that green fool?" Loki demanded.

"I don't help anyone," Valkyrie stated.

They kept going until he moved one of her armbands to reveal the Valkyrie symbol.

"You're a Valkyrie," he said.

They kept fighting until she kicked him toward the wall in response.

"I thought the Valkyrie had all died gruesome deaths," he continued.

She pinned him to the wall with a blade at his throat and threatened, "Choose your next words wisely. Because I don't think your girlfriend will be too happy if you got yourself killed."

"I'm terribly sorry. Must be a very painful memory," he remarked and put his hand to her forehead.

He saw the Valkyrie army going to Hela's lair to stop her, but it ended up with her being the only survivor.

When he was done, she hit the floor. Then she got up, pinned Loki to the ground, and punched him, knocking him out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Well, that was fun. Note the sarcasm.