Chapter 10

"Lucy?"

I freeze

Li...sanna?

I twist the door knob but my throat gets clogged up and I choke out petals. More than I usually do.

"Lucy? Are you okay?"

More petals.

"Wh-y are y-ou her-e?"

"Oh! Natsu Kun went to buy food so he told me to keep an eye on you."

I tch.

"K..."

I turn away from the door but hear the knob shake.

"Uh, may I come in?"

"No."

"Please?"

I groan and unlock the door quickly and get back into my bed. Lisanna smiles at me which makes me want to gag. I clear my throat and look at the bookshelf.

Lisanna seemed to notice where I was looking and gets up to look at them.

"What's your favorite genre?"

I blink, "I love every kind of book if it involves something interesting."

Lisanna nods and grabs a book and walks towards me. My gut nerves as she approaches me but I somehow calm them down. She holds up....

Princess Loves her Dragon...

My eyes glisten over as I grab the book happily.

"T-They still have this book..."

"Is it your favorite?"

I nod excitedly and jump up sitting on my knees. I hold the book in front of me towards Lisanna.

"P-Please read it t-to me!"

Lisanna smiles and I blush realizing me being childish.

I take the book back and look away shly, "G-Gomen..."

I feel her take the book back and I stare as she opens the book.

Once there was a young Princess and a young Dragon. The Princess was being taught to rule in the future and so was the Dragon. One day they get a break from their responsibilities and go out to the flower fields.

The Princess sat in the field picking flowers. She hears footsteps behind her and turns around. It was the Dragon. He had no expression on his face until the Princess stands up and shows him a smile.

"Hello."

The Dragon was shocked at the girls response to him.

"Y-You're not afraid of me?"

The Princess raises a flower crown she was making and steps closer to him. The Dragon stares in awe as the girl in front of him tip toes and places the crown on his head.

"It suits you, hehe."

The Dragon blushes at the girl and looks away embarrassed.

"T-Thank you f-for your kindness."

The Princess gives him a big smile and he returns it. Unfortunately, it was getting dark so they part ways not even knowing each other's names. Every Saturday, they both meet up at the flower fields and talk more and more.