Chapter 14

[Lucy's P.O.V]

All I was paying attention to was the rain outside. Tapping the window making such light sounds. The clouds are grey and gloomy yet so beautiful. If only I could smell the rain. Oh, how much I love the rain.

"Lucy."

"Yes?"

"You're not gonna eat by looking outside."

I nod, "Gomen, I was looking at the rain."

I feel him sit down next to me watching outside as well.

"You've always loved the rain."

I can feel his eyes on me, I smile.

"Isn't it calmingly beautiful, Natsu?"

I turn to him finally taking my eyes away from the window. He was smiling at me. Oh, how much I love that smile.

"Yeah...beautiful," he says.

I blink and look away.

He's not calling you beautiful Lucy...

He pats my shoulder and gets up from the couch. I look down at my bowl of soup. And then up towards the kitchen where Natsu and Lisanna were doing something. I put my bowl on the table and feel something slide off my shoulder.

I look down to see Natsu's scarf. I quickly grab it and wrap it around myself. I inhale his scent and slowly smiled into his scarf. Once I'm done daydreaming I turn back to staring outside.

Drip

Drip

Drop...

Drip

Drip

Drop...

Drip-

"Lucy San?"

I turn over to Lisanna and instantly clench on my stomach.

"Time for bed."

She gives me a smile which makes my chest sting. I nod and I stand up as she heads up to my room. I follow slowly and enter my room. I stare as Lisanna placed a cup of water on my dresser and fluffs my pillow.

Why is she being so nice. I don't deserve her kindness.

She smiles and leaves my room. Instead of going to bed I run to my window and sit on the window seal.

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

Hm?

How long have I been staring at the rain for? Ah, I want to go outside. The stars are beautiful tonight. Ahhh~ Mama, are you seeing what I'm seeing...I hope so.

"Lucy? Why aren't you in bed?"

I turn around to see a bed headed and shirt...less Natsu?

I blush and look back out the window.

"Lucy, it's 3 am. Lisanna said you went to bed at 10."

3 am... I've been looking at the rain for that long-