Forever

Chapter eleven

"Alice, what, what are you saying- did you see something?"

"No, Rosalie listens. Someone has to tell you this and as much as I hate it you both must know. Trust me I know what it feels like to learn stuff you wished you never had."

Rosalie watched on in silence, she was confused but I knew my gradual approach would work better than a straight in 'you're daughter is actually Brooke king'.

"What are you saying? How can Brooke belong to anyone else- you know I've been with as many different men as you have. One!"

"Yeah, consensually,"

She stared at me with harsh dark eyes, I knew I was confusing her and could now see things were different. Rosalie was going to strike anyway, no matter what I did. I had to tell her straight, changing my original plan of just hinting at what I meant.

"Listen, Rose. How long we're we human when you discovered Brooke?"

"Emm about eight weeks, give or take a day- what does that have to do with anything?"

"Just wait. And how far along we're you when you knew?"

"'round about the same." Now she was very confused, her eyes had softened.

Rosalie acted as though she was hard-edged but really she could be very soft inside- most people like this had a definite weakness- I knew this being married to one- Rose's weakness was her daughter.

"Rosalie, when did Emmett get out of hospital?"

Tears streamed down her cheeks. She was beginning to understand what had happened. And she was scared- someone had hurt her long ago. She had sworn she would never have a part of him inside her, now a bit of him was her life, her perfect baby girl.

“No, Alice, Royce King- no. Royce is her father, isn't he?"

I had never seen my sister like this before- she was never weak, just like her supposed twin brother, they were both strong till you hurt what they loved the most. Tears running through the foundation on her cheeks was a sight I had never expected, her eyelashes fashioned little blobs of water. She looked as vulnerable as a newborn lamb, left defenceless in the cold.

"It’ll be ok Rose," I whispered,

She turned on me again, her eyes narrowed like arrow tips.

“No it's not gonna be ok, Alice! My kid has three possible fathers and all of them are dead!"

"But, it will work out trust me, I KNOW. Emmett will accept it!"

"It's alright for you- you're all that Jasper cares about, Emmett has other feelings."

Frustration and anger bubbled and popped inside me, no one insulted Jasper- no one. I couldn't take it when people tried to hurt him when all he had ever had was hurt.

I knew it was my job to keep things civil but I was unable to stop the growl before it escaped my lips,

"He has a mind of his own- who are you to judge."

Rosalie looked into my eyes, hers pits of despair while I tried to stay impartial,

"This will KILL him Alice, Emmett will never have a son or daughter of his own and he has to bring up my b*****d child instead!"

That was it I was on my feet in a second,

“Don’t you dare say that! I know you love her and you always will have a daughter- some of us aren't so lucky! Listen to me, I am telling you, and you know I'm right." my anger fizzed out like a gas canister with a hole in it till there was nothing left at all, now I spoke softly once more, crouching on the stone floor and taking her hands.