Career here I come

Chapter Five

So it was settled and plans went ahead. Unfortunately it wasn’t quite as simple as it appeared, because of my seizures our chances of successfully making a baby where very much lessened. There were huge changes in our way of life, we had to eat healthily and exercise more often. I was put on tablets to keep vitamin levels at an average and there were even talks about taking me off the daily medication that I took to try and prevent my seizures, but the journey continued with no luck.

It was early into the next year when life began to change for the better, Jasper landed himself a job at Forks University, working in the History department, he was thinking about taking another few courses in is life and working as a lecturer- let’s face it no one can tell you more about history than the people who have lived it. Esme had gone back to the University also but she was there to learn, to become a teacher for Kindergarten and above- I knew she preferred the younger students and I already knew that they would love her too.

Edward, Bella and Renesmee had also moved away from home, back to Edward’s family home in Chicago and in good timing, they were expecting their second child, to be born in July. Learning about the child had caused a minor set-back in our plans, I kept thinking if they can manage it then why don’t we have a baby yet. I could tell Esme was trying desperately to hold on to Jasper and I- She missed being able to baby her grandchildren and children alike.

Other than all those changes things remained normal but I needed a job. I really needed a job; I spent an awful lot of time alone in the huge family home watching spiders build webs that I would later destroy.

The walls themselves even felt silent when no one else was around. I knew that there was no point dwelling over images of our baby filling the soundless walls, which was why I began my search for a job.

My problem may have been that I was too picky but spending an afternoon searching through results a job website had thrown at me in return for my CV revealed nothing of interest. I refused to work in a clothes store- I didn’t do my design degree for nothing.  So after three hours of nothing but endless stores and poster companies I took a break, which was when I saw it.

I was in the kitchen, scouring   the fridge for something to take away the boredom when a major vision took hold of me, revealing a website.  The website, I knew was what I was looking for. Abandoning my forging I headed straight for the stairs, typing the website into Google at a speed a little over human.

The page came up, a purple and gold website design with William Nelson written in overly decorative handwriting in the top right corner. I followed the links my brain had given me and found more than I could have expected. Skimming over the information I realized Will was an agent, in the most basic form, an agent involved in the fashion industry. He could be my chance for not only a job, a career, a name, an identity throughout the fashion world- which was probably getting ahead of me but I didn’t care.

I saw the email address on the bottom of the page, copying it down in my mental notebook, I made the decision. Before I sent the email I had another idea, a way to stop him looking over my requests- without being asked I would show him my best work. I rushed around the house, searching for both the actual garments and the designs, the rough brief’s I had given myself.  A quick check announced that I’d find one of my best dresses still in the house, a wedding dress would go down well and also I had photographs of it modeled by someone that wasn’t me.