Chapter 5

"Sure ka na ba diyan, Bes?"

Alyssa raised her face towards Ella, who was munching on an apple. She smiled. Weird, but she never felt so at peace. "Oo naman," she said, and flipped through the pages of the annulment paper, "Mas gugustuhin ko naman ang matiwasay na buhay, kesa magulo at walang katapusang katanungan."

Alyssa was able to acquire from the registrar's a copy of the marriage certificate. She hasn't filed anything yet regarding change of status, and grateful that she was procrastinating at that. She felt that tug in her heart, going over the pages, of letting go of any dreams and illusions of a happy ending with him...

But eversince her pregnancy has been confirmed, she has never been more in tune with herself. She felt that longing of wanting a father for her firstborn, and the sadness of saying goodbye to him, but then, there is that internal peace... Of finding some reason in her mixed up situation.

It's not me and you, Isaw. It will be us together.

It was Ella who gave the fetus name Isaw. She was saying about being bound "sa bituka" and Alyssa kinda find it funny and cute. They have laughed over it, while discussing what name to give the baby if it's a boy, and if it's a girl.

"Pero kung tutuusin, Besh, ikaw lang naman nagpagulo lahat e," Ella mused, "I mean, hindi kaya ang hormones mo ang medyo OA, kaya OA ang reaction mo kay Kiefer? Kaya bigla mong naisipan isang araw na ayaw mo na sa kanya?"

Alyssa smiled. She hasn't stopped loving him. But she has to learn to stop. She has to give up the love that she knew wasn't hers. "Besh, just imagine ha... Si Zitti, anak ni Kiefer, na pamangkin ko. Si Isaw, anak ni Kiefer na pinsan ni Zitti. So ano ba talaga relasyon nila?" Alyssa pointed out, and Ella shuddered. "Oo nga naman, ang hirap i-explain. Pucha naman kase, bakit kayo pa ang magpinsan ang tinuhog ni Ravena. Pwede naman ako," she joked, and Alyssa laughed.

For the first time, she can laugh her heart out now. For the first time, she feels free...

She finished completing the form, placed them inside a manila envelope, and handed them to Ella. "Sure ka, okay lang na ikaw na magdadala kay Attorney?" she asked, and Ella nodded. "Oo naman! Pupunta din ako kina Auntie, dahil birthday niya. Magkikita din kami ni pinsan dun," Ella replied, and Alyssa raised her brow. "Yan ang kinakatakot ko e. Kainan pupuntahan mo. Baka mawala to sa isip mo," she said, and Ella rolled her eyes at her. "Duh! Ganito kalaki, makakalimutan ko?" she snatched the envelope, and offered her cheek to hers, "Alis na ako. Baboosh! Pasabi kay Jovee ilibre niya ako ng lunch, dahil kung hindi, tarantado siya!"

Alyssa laughed, and watched as Ella stepped out of her unit.

Now, time for the ultrasound, Isaw! I'll get to see you, anak!

**************************

"Ma, he isn't here yet," Bea fidgeted with her thumbnail, looking around covertly for any sign of Thirdy and Kiefer, "I know... I told him what time her ultrasound is..."

Bea was able to gather that Alyssa's ultrasound is today, and she has relayed this to Mozzy. Mozzy immediately assumed that Alyssa is carrying Kiefer's child, as there was no way for her to engage in any clandestine affair while she was with Kiefer, and it's a short time for her to be involved in a sexual relationship after she stepped out of their lives.

They have worked out a plan for Kiefer to come to the hospital, and they were under the pretense that Thirdy wants to congratulate Bea for a flimsy excuse of an award that they came up with, and Kiefer is invited to join in the surprise, and celebrate with them.

But on the last minute, Thirdy was having problems convincing Kiefer to come with him. Kiefer started suggesting Sarah and Zitti go with him, but Thirdy tried his best to give an act that he can't bring Zitti to the hospital because it's not a safe place for her to be in, as well as Sarah being not that close to Bea.