Prologue

A brand new life...

Alyssa breathed in the air of her new space. She has just moved in at a condominium across Ella's (thank God they were able to find one at such a short notice!), and is now trying to make it as home-y as it can be.

It's a small space, like a bedroom with your bath/toilet, kitchen and receiving area rolled into one. But she's not complaining. She's even happy.

Or so she'd like to believe.

She went back to rearranging the small pad when her phone beeped. She took a glimpse, wondering who it can be. She has changed number so that-

She stopped.

She doesn't want to think about him anymore. It just hurts so bad. Like trying to pick on a wound that has just healed. She'd bleed all over again.

It was just Ella.

"Besh, kaya mo ba talaga pumasok for training tonight? Hindi ka na nga nakapasok kanina, magti-train ka pa talaga?"

"Mukhang di ko kakayanin, Ells," she said, sitting down, adjusting the volume of the phone as she has switched to wearing earpods, "Ang dami ko pang liligpitin. Ang dami pang lilinisin."

"Sige, tapusin mo na 'yan, dalhan kita dinner later. Diyan ako makikikain and tambay! Housewarming!"

Alyssa chuckled, "Oo nga, oo nga. Make sure magkakasya ang food na dadalhin mo sa ating dalawa ha?"

"Hala siya! Kontian mo lang kain mo. Wala pa akong malaking budget para sa pagkain. May training later, so marami akong kakainin. Ikaw, dahil nagskip ka, kontian mo lang."

She laughed, "Grabe ang emphasis at reiteration sa 'kontian'. Parang ngayon pa lang, mabibilaukan na ako!"

"O siya, siya... Gotta go! May meeting pa ako. See 'ya later!"

That day she left him, she immediately went to Ella's. She carried light baggage. A few clothes, and her laptop. She has no plans of going back. Otherwise...

She closed her eyes at the memory.

It was hard for her to leave. She woke up when he started to get in the shower. She could hear him singing, seemingly happy. When he left for work, he even planted a kiss on her shoulder.

But she knows she has to go. Better then, before she changd her mind.

It was never easy. She loved him. And she only knows how to love him. But it seems that this love was not meant to be. He has Zitti, a child he can present to Grandpa, as he can only want her physically, for the sex and companionship. And that's not enough for her.

And their setup will not be enough for Zitti. She has her rightful place in their life, as a Ravena, more than her or Sarah.

Her time is up.

She hurriedly left a note to Kiefer. Her love letter. And hurriedly stashed her most comfortable clothes. She saw the lingerie that she used on those beautiful nights in Oia, and she can't help but bring it with her.

The happy memories...

She stilled her heart. She has to move on.

She walked over the window, and looked at the big bright sky. She knows she'll never get over him.

But she has to try. She has to try.

******************************