Chapter 9

"What??? Why???"

Sarah hung her head, and sighed. "I can't breathe living in the same confines with him. Marunong din akong makonsensiya," she muttered, squeezing her hands, staring at Zitti who is fast asleep.

Raf raked his hair, "So paano na? Ano na next na gagawin?"

Sarah touched Zitti's face, afraid of looking further beyond than what there is today. "H-hindi ko pa alam," she muttered, "I'll think of something."

Raf stared at her, and sighed. "Kung pera at pera, I can always lend you money. I can even lend you money para makaset up ka ng negosyo. But you were never good with handling a business," he murmured, walking in circles. "The bigger question would be kung how will you be able to take care of Zitti," he sighed, and stopped with what he is doing. "Aalis ka pa ng Dubai, paano na ngayon si Zitti?" he asked.

She has thinking about it, ever since she has left Kiefer's. But she just can't live breathing in the same space with Kiefer. Not that she hates him... She just hates the situation she was in.

Does she hate Kiefer?

No. But she is hating the way he makes her feel - a low flying whore. She hates how he looks at her, and she hates the reason why she clings to him even more.

She was surprised when Kiefer offered her marriage, considering that they are merely a convenience to each other. She didn't want to be tied to him, but she eventually accepted his offer because...

She stopped. She bit her lip until she could feel the pain. She is being petty, just as she was back then.

"Iuuwi ko muna si Zitti sa probinsiya. Ate Malou or somebody will be able to take care of Zitti while I'm away," she muttered, and she could see Raf shaking his head. "Nandun ka na sa mga Ravena, bakit di mo pa tinuloy? At least, you get Kiefer to take care of Zitti -"

"Ano ba sa ayaw ko ang hindi mo naintindihan, Raffy?!?" she sighed in frustration, "Ayoko ng makita siya, ayoko nang makit-"

"Si Kiefer pa rin ba 'tong pinag-uusapan natin? O ang taong-"

"Ayoko na, Raf," she held out her hand to stop him, "Hirap na hirap na ako."

Raf realized the agony in her eye, "Bakit di mo na lang kase aminin sa tunay na ama ni Zitti?"

She looked away, afraid. She's still in love... with him.

She shook her head. There's no longer love for someone like her. Maybe there is no love for her. That she was never meant to be loved, for she hasn't felt love in the first place.

Raf sat beside her, and she automatically leaned her head on his shoulder. "Alam mo kung bakit, di ba? At hindi siya madali," she murmured. Raf took her hand and squeezed it, "Kung ayaw mo ng support, at least, give it to him na makilala ang anak mo."

"Hindi... Hindi ko kaya...," she whispered, and Raf squeezed her hand. "Kahit pa sa future ng anak mo?" Raf asked, and she sighed.

"Ginawa ko naman yan with Kiefer, di ba?" she muttered, "Para sa future ni Zitti. Pero bakit mali pa rin?"

"Kase hindi si Kiefer ang tunay na ama?" Raf pointed out.

"What makes you think magiging okay ang lahat pag nalaman niya na siya ang ama?" Sarah asked, and Raf just offered her his silence and company.

*******************************

Roy was helpful when he gave him the information about the check up, including the doctor's details and the time she is due for the check up. Good thing the first conference is over, and he doesn't have to worry about basketball, like the way he did when she left.