Chapter 31

It was quiet.  Quite extraordinary on a day like this.

She sighed, and went back to arranging the flowers.  Heck!  She doesn't even know how to arrange flowers!  She just went on, smiling, carefully adding more greens.  When she felt like she's done enough, she stepped back... and laughed.

She looked at her hands, wrinkly now, and all the more rough on the edges.  Gone was her youth.  She smiled.  She is happy though.  Happy how her life turned out, despite all -

An arm snaked around her waist, and she sighed contentedly as he snuggled his face on the crook of her neck.  "Ang asim... parang sinigang!" he murmured against her skin, and she dug her elbow behind her.  "Favorite ko naman ang sinigang e!" was his immediate response, trying to be cute so that he can easily be forgiven.

She pretended to be raving mad and turned around to face him.  "Alam mo," she poked his chest, "Naligo ako. Nag-deodorant.  Nag-perfumed lotion. Nagpabango na rin.  Siguro ang ilong mo ang mag-adjust, ano?"

He smiled at her, and the joy in his eyes could not be described, as if wading into the deepest part of the ocean.  "Naglilinis kaya ako ng ilong araw-araw. Kung tutuusin, nag-aadjust ang ilong ko sa 'yo, kase kahit gaano mo kaasim, I still think you're so delectable," he winked at her lasciviously, and they both laughed.

"Hindi ko alam kung ano ba ang kasalanan ko sa mundong ito para mapangasawa kita?" she teased him, and he reached for her, careful he doesn't squeeze  her too much.  "Alam mo, wala na tayong choice sa isa't isa.  Eto na tayo e.  Ginusto natin 'to e," he murmured on her nape, "At gustong-gusto natin 'to..."  He started nibbling on her neck, when-

"Oh my freaking gahd!"

They both sighed.  They turned their heads, and sighed again.

"Uhm, Kitty," he cleared his throat, "how many times-"

"You are both on public sections of this house!  What if Lucien or Itsuki comes  in and ... And see you two both...," her voice was raising frantically, and both parents shook their heads.  "Kitty," Alyssa extended her arm to make her stop, "We'd be extremely embarrassed but I think the boys will understand-"

"HOW DO I EXPLAIN TO MY BABY BROTHERS THAT OUR PARENTS ARE REGRESSING, AS IF THEY ARE ON THEIR HONEYMOON?!?"

Alyssa and Kiefer opened both their mouths, then shut them close.  Kiefer sighed, looked up, and said, "Kitty, Lucien is only 3 years old so there is no possibility of him wondering what we are doing.  And Itsuki... We can always explain to him-"

He skidded to a stop.  "What do you know about honeymoon, young lady?!!" he was glaring at her, and Kitty stepped back, mouth agape.  It was her turn to shut it close.  "Well," she started, clearing her throat, "Mom... Mom have been mentioning about a honeymoon-"

"Is it really me, Kitty?" Alyssa raised an eyebrow, and Kitty raised pitiful eyes.  Hand gripping on her chest, "Why do I feel like I am being attacked???"

Both parents sighed, and rolled their eyes.  "Amara Kaethe," Alyssa started, "could we, please, cut off the drama?"

"Mom," Kitty sniffed, head shaking, stepping backwards, "How could you think I'm just, I'm just..." She didn't finish her sentence, and left them.

Both rolled their eyes.  And smiled.

"Our Isaw...," she whispered conspiratorially, and he smiled lovingly.  "Love her theatrics," he said, and took her hand.  He still loves holding her hand.  "Loved her then, more enamored  with her now," he said, "that's why I wanted the name Amara.  The beloved."

"At para maalala natin na kailangan natin siyang mahalin despite  her theatrics," she rolled her eyes, but there was tenderness on her lips.  Kiefer chuckled, "Minsan nakakasagad.  She's only what - 10?"