Chapter 8: Highs and Lows

Hey guys! Sorry for the long wait, I was on vacation, but I am back now! Thanks for the all the reads, it makes me smile hard!

Leah's POV

"Where are you going?" I ask as I watch the turn we were supposed to take to go to Harry's beach house pass.

"I want to show you something. I think it will make you feel better than just sitting in an empty beach house." He says glancing sideways at me before focusing his eyes on the road again.

After I had dragged Harry to the parking lot, we had a brief disagreement on whether or not I was emotionally stable enough to drive my car and follow him. I, obviously wanting to prove that I wasn't seconds away from crumbling into a mess of tears, had insisted that I was fine. Harry, on the other hand, had pointed out that my tears would blur my vision and that my shaking hands would be no help in driving. They were good points, but I was too stubborn to admit it. And I was too tired to keep arguing, so I let him drive me. But only with a promise to drop me back off so I didn't have to leave my car at school all night.

The silence had blanketed over us as we drove. I hadn't tried to make conversation, mainly because I didn't feel like talking, but also because I didn't really know what to talk to Harry about. All of this had started because of him and I found it ironic that I was now leaving school with him after breaking up with Zac.

As we drove, my thoughts raced through my mind and I didn't know what to feel. I was feeling everything and nothing all at once, the reality of what happened having not sunk in yet. So many thoughts and so many questions came forth.

Why would he do this?

How long was this going on for?

Was it only Katie or were there more?

I groan as I place my head in my hands and wish they would just stop. I wish everything would just stop.

"Are you okay?" I look up at Harry. He's got one hand on the wheel and is glancing back and forth between me and the road, concern etched into his features. He still has this look of fear that I might break down into a sobbing mess, but I can't do that right now. I'm still trying to wrap my head around what happened. Plus, I don't want to cry in front of Harry, it just seems like too personal of thing to do in front of him. I sigh as I drop my face back into my hands.

"Just fabulous."

"I don't know if it will help, but Zac is a dick. You don't deserve him...You don't deserve this." No shit!

"Then what do I deserve?" I ask rhetorically, letting out a deep breath before sitting up straight. I look around to see if there is anything that can tell me where we are going and a few road signs indicate that we are headed towards the center of the island. I let out a deep breath as I rest my head against the window before closing my eyes, trying to get some peace from my wild thoughts.

How could they do this to me? How could not only Zac, but Katie too, do this to me? She was one of my closest friends and I feel so stupid thinking about how she went behind my back. I wonder what would drive her do something like this. Did Zac come on to her because he was upset about our fight? Or did Katie take advantage of Zac being upset?

After her nasty words today, I was leaning more toward her taking advantage of him. I have seen Katie take advantage of guys like this before, but never really thought much of it and just chalked it up to Katie being Katie. I sure as hell never thought she would do it to her own friend. What kind of sick person does that? More importantly, how oblivious was I that I didn't even know?