Chapter 5: Dinner Disaster

Harry's POV

"Guess it's just you and me now, Styles." Louis smirks at me.

After Leah had left, I didn't feel like going back home just yet, so I invited the boys over to hangout. We had decided to just stay in tonight seeing as half of us were still a little hungover. Plus, there was only one party going on tonight and it was all the way up on the North side. After ordering a couple of pizzas, we had set up a FIFA tournament and things were getting pretty intense.

I narrowed my eyes at him, "May the best man win." Louis leans foreward getting read to play. He was really competitive about things like this, whereas I didn't really care as much for video games. I still wanted to win, but it wouldn't be the end of the world for me if I had lost.

The boys hoot and holler in the background, trying to distract us, as we mash the buttons on the controllers. We were all piled in the living room, the boxes of pizza and soda cans scattered about. We had tried not to make a mess, considering I just had the place cleaned this morning, but we're boys- it was bound to happen. Pretty soon, the game was tied and whoever made the next goal would win the game.

I was starting to get into the game and was pretty close to scoring, when Louis started to try and distract me."So what happened with you and that girl Harry? What was her name? Laila? Lisa? Leah! Yeah, that's what it was."

I take my eyes off the screen and glance at Louis' mention of Leah. I could hear the boys snicker, knowing that I feel for his cheap move. He uses the few seconds my eyes are off the screen to go through my defence and scores.

"I win! Yes! Beat that loverboy!" He shouts, pumping his fist in the air victoriously.

I frown at the name, "I am not a loverboy."

They all snicker again and I shoot them a glare. I wasn't that caught up in Leah. Yeah, I mean, she was beautiful and sweet and funny. And she had a lovely laugh. I loved how she would throw her head back and let the giggles roll through her body.

It was so nice to talk to her without her judging me or telling me that dreaming of being a musician was stupid. She had listened to everything I said and actually seemed interested in what I had to say. She was so unlike all the other girls, who had just wanted to fuck.

She didn't even say anything when I told her that I worked at the resort. Most times, when girls hear that I work there, they get clingy and wonder if I can get them a job there or just use me for something else. But Leah hadn't even cared that I worked there and she didn't try to use me to gain something for herself.

She just sat and listened to me tell her about going to the studio and recording with the boys. I don't know if she was genuinely interested in what I was saying or if she was just really good at pretending to be. Either way, I appreciated it. She actually had some substance to her. With Leah, she was so full of confidence and has one hell of an ass, I mean sass.

Most importantly, she doesn't take shit from anyone, not even her dad. She was bold and daring, whether it was riding a giant wave or telling off her Dad. Unlike me, who listens to everything my Dad tells me to do. I snap back to reality when Liam starts to talk over Louis' loud whopping.

"Mate, you seemed so keen on her at your party. Don't think we didn't notice you sneak upstairs with her." Liam says suggestively.

"I was just showing her the bathroom, it wasn't anything like that guys." I explain.

"Mhm, sure! That's all it was." Niall says as he reaches for another slice of pizza.

"Niall, you're going to finish the whole damn pizza all on your own! Save some for us!"