Chapter 16: Fool's Gold

Leah's POV

"Harry wait!

I run out of the kitchen after him, but his long legs make it difficult to catch up, especially since he's already out the front door by the time my brain connects to my feet.

"Harry please wait!" I run out to the sidewalk, yelling after him again. However, he continues walking, ignoring my pleas. "Just let me explain!"

"Explain what?!" He turns around so quick I almost get whiplash. "That you fucking lied!"

"I lied?!" I exclaim, finally catching up to him. "Are you joking? You're the one who started this thing. Literally the first words out of your mouth to me were a lie!"

"Because I knew you would do something like this!" He holds his hands out in exasperation.

"Something like what? Expect you to tell the truth?" I reply sarcastically. I know I'm probably just adding fuel to the fire with my snide remarks, but he can't really be blaming me for this, can he?

"No, but you're fucking judging me because of what I am rather than who I am, just like every other fucking girl on this damn island. And you know what?" He asks rhetorically. He takes a step closer and I can feel his intense fiery green eyes burning a hole through my face. His face is tight with anger, brows pulled together over his eyes, and his long curly hair blows slightly in the sea breeze.

Even when he's pissed as hell, he's still so devastatingly beautiful.

"What?" I whisper icily, staring right back at his glaring eyes, not backing down at all.

"I'm so fucking done." His tone is low, practically growling, as he punctuates every word menacingly. I don't back down, however, not when he's the one that lied. Not when he's the one who started this whole thing.

His jaw ticks slightly from the tension before he slowly shakes his head and walks away angrily.

I huff as I turn around and walk back into the bakery. If he wants to be a big baby about lying to me, then fuck him too.

Ty is standing behind the counter, acting like he wasn't watching us fight through the front window. I ignore him, walking straight past him and into the kitchen. I start gathering the supplies to make some cupcakes angrily, not caring if we don't need them. Baking is the only way I'll be able to calm down right now. I just need to zone the fuck out.

However, Ty doesn't seem to understand that. "Aren't you going to go follow after him?"

"Why would I do that?"

"Because he's right," I give him an icy glare and he raises an eyebrow before taking a cautious step back, holding his hands up in surrender.

"Aren't you supposed to be on my side?"

"Of course I'm on your side, but I'm also your friend. And friends tell each other when they're wrong and you are wrong right now."

"And how exactly am I wrong?" I huff, looking at him expectantly. He better have a fucking good answer.

"Well, actually you both are wrong and you both are right at the same time."

"Gosh, Ty please, not now. I do not need another one of your confusing "therapy" session right now." I sigh. My batter comes together quickly, so I grab two cupcake pans and begin scooping out the batter into the pans.

"Just hear me out okay? You're right because he did lie, but he's also right because you are judging him based on what he is." Ty comes over to help me scoop out the cupcakes and I think about it. Even though what he said is true, it still doesn't solve anything. Harry is still a Styles' and I'm still a Malik.