Chapter Nine:

_____________________________

Chapter Nine:

I woke with a start and looked around the room. Gavin still slept and there was no sound what so ever. Then I remembered my dream, wounds opened a few tears came but I didn’t let them fall, he was gone and that made me happy. Why would I dream of him though? Then I remembered, my birthday coming in a few days. My thoughts stayed with me as I got up and got dressed. I stole a pair of clothes from my mother again, this time it was yoga pants, I couldn’t believe they were the only thing left, and a purple shirt from aero too.

When I checked on Gavin, his wings were almost starting to peak out. I knew he was going to be sleeping for at least another day, no need to wake him up right now. I left downstairs and out the door with a pear. The bus was running late, I could hear it from far away but it was late. I decided to sneak into Ryan’s house now and see if I could help him.

The syringe was in my pocket and I found my way to his window, it was easy to get up to it, opening it was going to be the harder part. Then I got a thought, I had more abilities that I didn’t know about. Id never really tried to do anything, id always let it come on its own. Now was the perfect time to try. I concentrated hard and thought about the window unlocking and opening… and then it did. It was so shocking that I sat there like an idiot for a few seconds.

I focused again and made sure Ryan was in my controlled sleep. When I saw him asleep I almost broke down, he looked horrible and dead. I kneeled beside him and found a vein, and seemingly expertly I injected my blood into him. When I pocketed the syringe I could already see an improvement in his body. The door opened and I whipped around to see his mother.

“What are you doing here?” she asked scared. “What did you do to him?”

I looked around quickly and saw a picture of jesus, they were religious. I looked her in the eyes, “you won’t remember me coming here, all you’ll think is an angel came and saved your son. You won’t remember me at all. Neither will your son remember me visiting. Go back to sleep for half an hour and wake up to check on Ryan.” Her eyes glazed over and she left the room. I looked back down to Ryan and quickly left for the bus.

I had to run quickly to catch the bus. It stopped at my stop right when I got there. The driver gave me a stern look and kept driving. Brent gave me an angry look, “Where’s Gavin?”

His tone made me want to rip his throat out. I gave him the gentlest voice I could, “He’s sick. I don’t know how, and its bad.” The lie rolled off my tongue professionally. Brent softened a little but still gave me an ugly look and turned away. 

Once at school I met up with my friends and sat with them in homeroom. I could hear the whispers that they all had, most were about me and my table flipping moment. Chloe sat down next to me, “Everyone is talking about yesterday, they say you looked so scary one person even peed their pants.” She giggled.

Jessie smacked her friend’s arm and looked at me, “You alright?”

I nodded and looked around the room, Mandy had her eyes trained on me, “Hey! Take a picture it lasts longer. I know I look hot and everything but I don’t swing that way.” I yelled to the whole class and right at Mandy. Her face went bright red and she turned around with a flick of her platinum blond hair. It reminded me of Cole.

“What is with you?!” Chloe giggled madly with a light blush after everyone went back to their conversations.

“I don’t know what you mean.” I gave her this innocent look and smiled. She opened her mouth to say something but the teacher started speaking.

I was walking to lunch when I heard Mandy and her tramps talking, “I know he’ll get back with me… he wouldn’t just throw away two years.” She said confidently with her nose in the air.