Chapter Twenty Four:

___________________________________

Chapter Twenty Four:

I think the best part of the day today was when Mandy came up to me again in lunch. She saw me in the morning and I could almost feel the jealously rolling off of her. Gavin and I already knew what she was coming over to do so he tried to get up but I forced him down with a stern look.

“Cant just take it that Gavin doesn’t want you so you take it out on me?” I asked in a mocking voice, circling her so she couldn’t just throw the beverage on me. “Why me huh? Because I look different this year? Or maybe because Gavin wanted me and not you this whole time?”

Her eyes flared at the last one and she flung herself at me. I just batted her away making her fall face first to the ground. Everyone by now was paying attention and so were a few teachers. They had to know I never put up one hand to hurt her yet so I really couldn’t get into trouble. Mandy tried getting to her feet in her wobbly high heels and I snorted, waiting for her to finally pick herself up. She needed help from her little blonde minions to actually get up.

I saw her makeup had smeared all across her face and her hair had unraveled to be a mess. She swung her sharp nails at me and I batted it away with a little force to make her stumble. When she looked at me again I knew she was a little curious, hell I was really strong and I almost broke her hand to prove it. “I thought I told you not to get in my way again.” My voice, it still had that weird accent and it made my voice sound hypnotic, I have no clue what it was but if I had these strong emotions my voice would come out. It would just become all hypnotic and this crazy shit, id get the urge to sing like I had in my dream but most of the time my voice was enough.

Mandy became trance like and breathed heavily, “Why don’t you go to your pathetic little friends and leave me alone for good. No more tricks, no more trying to embarrass me, just leave and never pay attention to me again and leave Gavin and I alone. “

I could tell something in her wanted to fight me but a much larger part overcame that want and she simply turned around and walked to her table. But the teachers came over towards her a second later saying she needed to go to the principal’s office. She was dragged away, as she kept stumbling over her own two feet, and slowly the café started to come alive again and I sat down next to Gavin.

“That was hot.” Gavin whispered and squeezed my thigh. My breath hitched and desire ripped through me. I smiled oddly at him and crashed my lips to his, he moaned into my mouth and kissed me back.

I pulled back and fixed my hair a little from his hands being in my hair. Jessie, Chloe, and Ryan were staring at us in shock, “Dayum!” Ryan exclaimed making me blush bright red. He chuckled at my reaction

Then I felt something between Jessie and Chloe, they had this odd attraction towards each other and I could hear their hands move to wrap around each other’s and they giggled at me, paying attention to the kiss they just witnessed. I was surprised and a little hurt, why wouldn’t they tell me about this? But I had to admit, I had my own secret I wouldn’t tell them. Sure it was an unbelievable secret but still a secret, I guess ill just have to accept it that they wanted their privacy.

-

“So what do you think you are?” Angel asked me after she got home and settled on the kitchen island table. I was putting away dishes and heard her heart beat get louder and louder until she was sitting five feet away from me.

“I think I’m me, part siren and something else.” I said looking over at her for a second before putting a stack of plates away. She nodded at my answer and swung her feet, careful not to bang her heels on the wood.

“I can’t wait to be a teenager.” Her eyes lit up mischievously and she looked over at me. “You know.” I glared curiously at her and Angel just got up and skipped out of the room. What was with that girl? She practically knew everything and gave nothing away… or did she just give me a hint?