Cosy Cuddles and Dazzling Dreams

I sensed the gloomy weather today as I sleepily peeked through my eye. I heard the pitter patter of rain hit the roof of my hut and some drops leaking through. I snuggled in closer to my pillow loving the day already.

Most people would say rainy days are troublesome, but for me it was different. I loved it. I found peace and quiet in the battle of the sky. Falling asleep again, I curled myself closer sighing happily. My eyes started drooping when I heard the creak of the door and muffling of footsteps. Newt.

I pretended to sleep knowing he came to wake me up. He always had to wake up early being Second-in-command and I usually wake up early with him being a runner but not for the past couple of days.

It started raining here for the first time in three years and it still hasn't stopped. It was a good time for us, runners, to have a time off but Alby wanted everyone up today due to complaints from other gladers who have to work indoors.

Newt knew how cranky I get in the morning, specially when I'm really sleepy but he always tries to wake me up with a smile on my face. And then he will tease me later about how adorable I am when I'm mad at him for early wake-up calls.That shank.

"Loooove" he cooed stroking my cheek "it's time to wake-up". I tried to be asleep but cracked a smile when he started peppering me with kisses. His heavenly kisses. "Sweetheart..." he murmured, sitting on the bed showering me with even more kisses while his fingers gently traced the bare skin under my hoodie.

"Can't I have 5 more minutes?" I asked, as a soft gasp escaped my lips when he nibbled on my ear. "Newt...." I shifted slightly as he kissed along my neck "Pleaseeeeee just for today". I heard him let out a soft chuckle. "Love you and I both know its never 5 minutes" he laughed lightly, tapping my nose, knowing me all too well.

I took a quick peek at him before scooting over and snuggling into his arm tightly, trying to charm him into letting me stay "Pretty please ?". "Awww darling..." he cooed, craving in already. "Alrighty.Five minutes it is then". I squeaked a little nuzzling into his arm making him laugh again.

"Y/N, I have to go check around. When I get back, would you wake up and have breakfast with me ?" he asked, stroking my head lovingly with his free hand. I hummed as a 'yes' and in pure bliss under his touch.

"Good that love" he tucked me in and gently took his arm away. I winced for the loss of his warmth. He placed a kiss on my forehead and slowly walked out. The last thing I saw before falling into a deep slumber was Newt still standing at the door smiling at me.

Newt's P.O.V

I walked back to the kitchen waving 'good morning' to a wide-awake Thomas on the way, to see a sleepy Minho with his head on the table. "Good morning Minho" I greeted cheerfully sitting in front of him. "I need...my nap..." he groaned, eyes half closed. I chuckled shaking him till he lifted his head off the table.

He blinked his eyes a few times before looking around and back at me. "Hey where is the she-bean?" he asked rubbing his eyes. "5 minutes" I replied grabbing a piece of bacon from his plate left aside.

"Hey! Not fair!!" he whined, with a pout "if I knew I get extra privileges I would have told you I loved you long time ago". I laughed at his remark. Minho is pretty grumpy if his 'beauty sleep' is disturbed. "Bugger off Min".

"You know it's going to be impossible to get Y/N off that bed today right ?" he pointed out, or yawned for the most of it. "I know" I sighed "and I want her to sleep too but I can't argue with Alby on it".

"Why not? I did it." he shrugged casually. "Oh Minho not again" I complained, resting my head on my fists "now I am going to have to listen to another lecture about your attitude".