Can I Keep You Forever ?

Newt's P.O.V

"Morning Fry" I greeted happily as I walked to collect my breakfast plate. "Morning Newt" he smiled, flipping over some strips of bacon on the stove. "Where's Y/N?" he asked and I looked at him confused then over at the tables where everyone was gathered. "I dropped her right at the table before Alby called me" I pointed with a frown."Newt, I'm worried about her. I hardly see her in the kitchen anymore. I even made her favourite today" he sighed, grabbing a plate next to the stove and handing it over. "Thanks Fry" I smiled and patted his shoulder "I'll make sure she eats". He smiled widely "thanks man".

I walked around the glade looking for Y/N until I saw her in the Med-jacks hut re-arranging some supplies. "Y/N?" I called, knocking and peeping in and she turned around with her dazzling smile. "Newt, what are you doing here ?".

"You didn't eat so I bought your breakfast here" I said quietly, coming inside and shutting the door. "Thanks. You can set it over there" she pointed to an empty table but I knew better than that. She wasn't going to eat again which I noticed is happening quite often but I wasn't going to let that continue this time.

I sat on one of the beds and patted the spot next to me. She looked over at me confused and took a seat. "Alright now open up" I said and held the spoon near her mouth. "Newt I'm not hungry" she pushed the spoon away with a pout. "Please Y/N" I begged with the big puppy eyes which I know she can't resist.

"Just a little bit" she mumbled with a sigh and opened up. I smiled warmly and scooted closer and started feeding her mouthful every time. I would often wipe some drooled over her lip and she would kiss my finger making my heart skip a beat each time.

"Darling I've gotta go to work now before Alby has my head" I chuckled, once the plate was fully empty. "Meet at lunch ? I asked, standing up lazily, really not wanting to leave her at all. "You're gonna eat with me right darling?" I asked, wanting to make sure she will be there without skipping yet another meal.

"Yes" she nodded and kissed my cheek. "Good that sweetheart" I hummed and nuzzled our noses and walked towards the door opening it only to see a boy with a big gash in his hand as he pushed past me. And it wasn't just anyone...

A gang of boys, mostly the new arrivals started hitting on Y/N cruelly. She ignored them every time and turned them down without being rude, but that turned to anger all those boys so instead they started bullying her in return.

When I found out I tried fighting but Y/N stopped me every time because she didn't want me getting hurt at any cost and no one to get harmed so I promised her I would stop if they won't try hurting her anymore and for now as she told me, the bullying seemed to have died out so I didn't try to bring it up again.

I know Y/N can handle herself perfectly. She is strong both emotionally and physically and I am so bloody proud of her more than I could ever say but my extreme overprotective nature over her makes me defend her every time something tries to wipe off her smile from her face even for a mere second even though I know she has the strength of all us shanks combined.

She doesn't need anyone to help her stand strong. She does that all by herself. She is her own hero and I respect her with all my heart. Y/N has never seemed shattered; to me she was a breathtaking mosaic of the battles she's won. It was her chaos that made her beautiful.

"Morning Newt" I heard a voice quip behind me breaking my murderous gaze at the boy. "Morning Jeff" I shifted my gaze and forced a smile, tilting my head towards the boy who Y/N had started tending to, regardless from the fact that he bullied her. She has a heart of gold, no one could ever compare to.

"Don't worry Newt. Me and Clint will be here" Jeff assured, patting my shoulder. "He tries anything and I'll just amputate him" Clint chuckled and made his way in. "Thank guys" I smiled gratefully and walked over to Y/N and waited till she was done with the treatment then pulled her to my arms.