The Perfect Crime

Newt's P.O.V

I stood in the box passing out the new supplies for the month. The box came up a bit early than expected, while I was working in the gardens so in a hurry I grabbed Y/N's hoodie which was lying on the floor. She was working with me before Jeff came and pulled her to tend to Chuck who wouldn't let anyone else come near his twisted ankle which he got by chasing Thomas yesterday.

Some boys pointed and sniggered at me but nothing could bring me down about wearing Y/N's hoodie. It was Y/N's hoodie. Wearing it already got me dreaming about her for the day. Like I do every single day.

I was hopelessly in love with Y/N but I didn't have an ounce of courage to tell her because the fear of losing her is too strong. Our constant bickering and teasing and prodding and poking is far too precious to loose.

And somewhere between the laughing for no reason, talking like nothing else mattered, making fun of each other and calling names, I fell in love with her; adorable shyness, quirkiness and goofiness.

It wasn't love at first sight exactly, but it was familiarity. Something like oh hello, it's you. It's going to be you.

How was I to know that this tiny spark would spread like wildfires.

Falling for her was like falling down the stairs. I was in complete control at first, then without warning I was spinning, tumbling and had no idea why or how. Then, before I even knew what happened, I lay at the bottom; shocked and stunned, and so oddly aware that I still ended up exactly where I was trying to go.

I've fallen for her laugh which is utterly contagious. I've fallen for her smile which makes me giddy for no reason. I've fallen for our late night talks regardless of how tired we were. I've fallen for our jokes, which I remember days later and burst into laughter. I've fallen for how we can read each other's mind with just a shared look. I've fallen for how she can make my day better, even if I wanted to cry a minute before and how her bear hugs are the best remedy to my sadness. I've fallen for every second I get to spend with her, even if those seconds will aways leave me wanting more.

She is all my heart ever talks about.

I tried to snap myself out my thoughts back to work but wearing her hoodie clearly wasn't working. A lovesick feeling washed over me, numbing my senses and warmth spread over my body, consuming me. "NEWT!!".

"Are you ever gonna pass that box?!" Gally fumed from the top. "Oh I'm sorry" I apologised quickly looking down to hide my burning face. "Lovely hoodie by the way" he pointed before grabbing the box out of my hand.

"Oh thanks Gal, didn't know you paid so much attention to what I wear" I threw a light box at him but it badly landed somewhere else. "Oh even your aim is bad with Y/N stuck on your head" he chuckled piling it up. "Bugger off Gally".

After the Keepers were assigned to sort out their supplies, I went back to my room to get my notepad. Alby offered to show the greenie around while I made sure the new supplies were stocked properly.

"Hey Newtie" I heard my favourite voice echo through my room. I turned around in a flash to see Y/N leaning on my doorframe wearing my white hoodie looking adorable as always. I felt like my eyes were about to pop out my sockets.

When Y/N noticed me staring at her from the doorpost, her cheeks began to burn, leaving them to glow making her look even more gorgeous than she already looked to me. It was quite big on her but yet she looked so darn cute I just wanted to squeeze her.

"Well there is my little hoodie thief " I smirked, dropping my notepad on my bed and walked towards her. "Well you stole my hoodie I needed to steal something back" she stuffed her hands in the pockets with a cheeky grin.