So Close but So Far

We had checked the Fort Myers area for the supposedly abandoned building where Ashley and Max could be located. I knew the cops and FBI were tailing us or either that, they'd be driving all over Florida to find us - and my friends. I clutched to the back of Thomas's seat. He had music playing lightly in the background and tried to keep the atmoshpere light, along with Zach. I laughed once in a while at a joke, or if he made fun of Zach.

"Don't worry Asia we'll find them." Zach reassured me... not so much. I groaned as we drove into Naples. I had my cell phone on me in my pocket, hidden deep down. Luckily they were deep pockets. A sign that greeted: Welcome to Naples greeted us as we drove by. It was getting dark and time was wearing thin.

"Thomas," I started seeing us drive into a ghetto neighborhood. Nearby only a few miles away was an abandoned hospital. Where were we?

"Yes Asia?" Thomas asked hearing me say his name.

"I dont like the looks of this place..." I said shrinking into my seat. I should've felt more reasurred with two guys and weapons in the back, but I didn't. My gut told me something bad was gonna go down.

"It'll be okay Asia. Dont worry." he said as he pulled up a few yards away from an abandoned house. A white van was parked in the driveway. The familiar white van.

"Thomas I dont want to be here." I said scared. I knew the white van from anywhere, but I then realized Max and Ashley were in there. Shit. I jumped at the side door opening and I jumped out, sticking close to Thomas. I watched as he grabbed a shot gun and Zach grabbed a gun of his choosing.

"Asia," Thomas said, grabbing a small mini gun. "I'm going to give you this. Put it in your belt and wear this jacket." he said, giving it to me. After hooking it into my belt and sliding on the jacket, I quietly followed them behind to the house. We had made a plan we'd break in and as soon as we saw the two bastards, we'd shoot fire. Well, Thomas and Zach would and I'd go and look for Max and Ashley. Such a perfect plan. Dumbasses.

The front door looked scarier than it did from the front. Spiderwebs filtered around it, it creaked and was rusted. It screamed: GO AWAY. I gulped and stayed by the two boys. Thomas had pulled out a hair pin and picked the lock carefully, hearing a click and swung open the door, making a loud creak. I froze but Zach pushed me along.

"We're going to get caught." I mumbled trembling as I followed them.

"Shh." Thomas said as we slid into the house. The house was real worn down, had a musty, foul stench mixed with the scent of medicine and blood. I wanted to throw up. There was a loud screeech and I looked up to see Zach kick a rock that was on the ground. I froze, feeling my heart race. We were dead. We were done. Life was over.

"Daniel! Check to see who's there! I'm not done torturing the boy!" a loud, deep voice thundered. A sigh followed along with footsteps.

Max.

I quivered and a boy with shaggy hair, and a lean figure popped up. He had no time to scream though because Thomas punched him, knocking him into the kitchen nearby. Clashing and clattering followed.

"Asia hide!" Thomas yelled while fighting Daniel. I ran over to the nearby upstairs and hid. I knew Max was up there. I saw Zach and Thomas pounding him, the boy fighting back as much as he could.

"LEWIS!" Daniel screeched trying to whip out his lighter and burn Thomas or Zach. The thundering and cursing of footsteps was followed, making me wince. I noticed the bloody knife in his hand. Oh dear god. As soon as Lewis was out of site, I quietly scrambled up the steps, hoping, praying I wouldn't be seen. It was a long hallway as soon as I reached upstairs. But a groaning down the hallway gave where Max was away. I hurried to the room and opened the door, seeing a boy tied up to a chair, covered in blood. I nearly vomited but held it together.