Chapter 3

Chapter 3
Tristan POV
"Sir we have the latest news about the Chinese company you want to invest in, turns out they are dealing with bankruptcy right now"
"What....cancel all the appointment with them, I cannot deal with people like that anything else"
"Yes, the South African company you are investing in is also in bankruptcy and this time it looks like there is no way of saving them, should I also cancel all ties you have with them"
"No don't, we are able to help them out, we can give them some money" I told the board
Meghan was African American; her father was South African, and her mother was American, and I felt the if I dropped any ties with South Africa I would be disappointing Meghan.
'Knock knock'
"Come in" I said sternly
Jamie my new PA that has been working for me for almost four years walked in and whispered in my ears
"Sir Miss Wall is here to see you" he said
I slightly rolled my eyes and sighed, I didn't like it when she came over to my office. I told her so many time not to come unannounced. All she did when she came here was nag and complain about anything and everything. Half of the time I just zoom out and stop listening to her complaints........
"Okay let her wait for me in my office while I finish my meeting" I told him, and he walked away quickly

*********

"I told you never to come to my office unless I tell you to. I don't know why you always feel the need to disturb me while I am working" I almost shouted at her
"I am sorry babe, I missed you we haven't seen each other in a week" she said and put her hands around me and continued "don't you miss me like I missed you, I didn't mean to disturb you, I thought you were not busy since it is Friday" she said and tried to kiss me but I turned my head to the side and removed her hands.
Her breath smelt of hard liquor and cigarettes I felt like I was going to throw up.
"Look Susan I do miss you, but I also have work to do and those people I have a meeting with are very important in my business"
"I was not aware, how about we have lunch today at Grand cafe. Please it has been long since we talked" she pleaded
"Okay fine but not for too long I have a meeting at 14:30"

"Perfect" she said then kissed my lips.

Me and Susan have been dating for some time and I want to put a ring on it because I feel like Zoe needs a motherly figure. Susan is a model and has worked with Victoria 's secret at one point and was well know but she has never told me what happened to her. We met at one of my friend's charity events and we hit it off from there. The only problem I have is that Meghan is still occupying a huge portion of me heart and mind and sometimes I feel I am being unfair to Susan.

Knock knock

"Come in"

"S.....sir...sir the hospital called saying that Zoe your daughter is in the hospital and is in critical condition"

*************

Meghan POV

"We got an emergency ambulance coming in from entrance 4 with a child in critical condition, I will need you and the others to attend that patient while I attend the other patient who is in the same position" Dr Summer told me
I nodded my head and ran to entrance 4 as fast as I could
When I got there, it was nothing like I have ever seen before, the child's whole head was bleeding and there was a thick long piece of glass on the side of her ribs. For some reason it really hurt me seeing her like that, but I wanted to save the child. She looked so lifeless and she looked so small, there was something familiar about her I just couldn't put my hands on it.
I snapped out of it when Jenny said "Meghan.....can you help me by moving the child while I go to the nurses' station to request an immediate transfer to the theatre, we need to go into surgery now before she loses more blood than she already has " I simply nodded my head quickly pushed the stretcher towards the entrance and started running towards the theatre.
As I was running I couldn't help but feel very sad that she looked so lifeless and she opened her eyes and she looked like she was going to die. There was something about that little girl, I just did not know what it was, but I felt like saving her was my one and only duty.
"The patient name is Zoe, aged 4 and she was in a car accident while driving back from school. Apparently, she was not wearing a seatbelt and was flown from her seat when the accident occurred.' Said one of the other nurses
'Ok' Said Doctor Frank
'We can begin, it will take some time to remove the glass for her rib" he said

I nodded my head, I felt the need to save this little girl's life, I had to, but I felt helpless as I was only a nurse and there was not much I could do but be given instructions and follow them.  Doctor Summer walked in and I started helping him dress up for the operation.
"What is the condition of the girl" he asked while washing his hands
"She is four years old and she was not wearing a seatbelt in the bus and when the bus crashed she almost flew out of the front window. She has a bad head injury; Doctor Frank is trying to remove the glass, so he can assess the damage' Becca the first-year medical student told him as he put his coat on.
My heart squeezed as Becca was talking and I felt my stomach turn when I saw the look on Doctor Summer's face. I wanted to cry to burst out crying.
'Sorry I can't' I said as I rushed out of the room. I could not do the operation on this girl, I was so scared
"Are you ok" Becca asked
"No, I am not, I have to go" I said and walked out
"Okay" she said shrugging and looking a bit confused