.17

Small whimpers escaped me as his rough fingers groped me

Small whimpers escaped me as his rough fingers groped me. I tried to fight back but it was useless, I tried to scream but his dirty hand covered my mouth.

Asher and Harry were downstairs. They were so close. But I couldn't scream for them. Couldn't fight. He was too strong.

He pressed me hard against the door as he smirked at me. He pulled the knife from my belt, pressing it hard against me. A scream came from my mouth but was muffled by his fingers.

His rough hands were roaming my body in extremely uncomfortable ways as his knife cascaded pain across my torso.

His hands were pressed so hard against my mouth that I couldn't breath. Pain was blinding my vision as I felt him slice another cut across the top of my breast.

I squeezed my eyes shut as my knees bucked underneath me. I could feel the warm river of my blood slide down my front.

"Saige?"

My eyes shot open at the sound of Harry calling my name.

I bit down heavily on his fingers as he grunted loudly, attempting to hold me against the door. I let out a scream, mustering whatever energy I had left as it burned my lungs.

The man in front of me struggled to get away just as Harry burst through the door, his gun grasped between his fingers.

I screamed until I couldn't scream anymore. I shoved myself into the corner of the bathroom as Harry killed that guy.

I screamed until my vision went black and I fell unconscious.

Harry's POV

I let Saige calm down after both Asher and I snapped on her.

I was so angry that she threw herself into danger. The fact that she was willing to sacrifice herself to save Asher and I pissed me off.

She thinks that she's expendable and she's not. Not for Asher. Not for me.

After about ten minutes, she had yet to come down and I was started to get worried. I went upstairs to look for her, expecting to find her where we left her but she was nowhere in sight.

"Saige?"

I paused, listening for her reply but instead, my ears were met with a heart breaking scream. My feet moved before my brain did as I kicked open the bathroom door, finding a man pressed against her, blood decorating her body.

I killed the man without thinking, dropping to my knees beside her unconscious body. "Saige?"

Blood was coming from everywhere, her skin pale at blood loss. Asher was already there, wrapping his arms around her. 

"Asher," I stopped him from picking her up. "We need to stop the bleeding."

"We're not leaving her in here," he said, pushing her hair from her forehead. "Not with him."

I nodded, picking her up and taking her downstairs where I softly set her on the couch, grabbed a shirt, ripping it so I had strips of bandages.

I quickly bandaged her up as Asher stayed beside her, his fingers clutching her tightly. 

After I finished, I went to search the rest of the house before going outside. I needed to breathe.

Once I was far enough from the house that my lungs cleared, filling with oxygen as I fell to my knees, tears escaping my eyes.

I should have protected her.

I shouldn't have left her alone. I should have checked the rest of the house properly. It was my fault that she was there, alone, hurt, and vulnerable.

I knew the way her shirt was pulled up, her pants pulled over her hip, he had touched her. In ways no one should invade her.

I wish I could kill that guy again and again until he felt the pain she did.

Saige's POV

When I woke up, it was peaceful. 

I could hear Asher's small and shaky voice. "She's not going to be the same when she wakes up, I feel it."

Then, there was Harry's English accent. "She's going to be okay, she will, Asher."

I heard a sigh. "She was already on the edge, Harry."

"She's strong."

It comforted me to know that Asher had Harry there. It would make this easier.

Easy not to feel anything. Love makes you weak. Pain makes you weak.

I pushed past the pain as I sat up, Harry and Asher immediately coming over to me. 

"Saige, don't sit up." Harry instructed me, his fingers laying on my arm.

"Don't touch me." I said, standing up.

I took a deep breath as Asher reached out to me. "Sai-"

"We should probably get going, there were more of them and they probably heard the gunshots," I spoke quietly. "Pack up your things, we're moving within the next ten minutes."

Harry reached out to me, his fingers brushing mine. "Bab-"

"I'm leaving with or without you."

I don't want to be soft anymore. I want to be bloody knuckles and glass shards and I want people to be afraid of hurting me.