Chapter 6

Hey guys! Happy Easter to those who celebrate it! Enjoy this depressing piece of work.

(How funny is it that I'm publishing a chapter about Thanksgiving when it's Easter time? XD)

November 23th

I haven't been able to see you for a while because of Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving... A time for giving thanks to all you are grateful to have and spending time with family.

It's always been a complicated time for me.

Don't get me wrong, I usually spend time with the Washingtons or go upstate to visit the Schuylers. I'm forever grateful to have met them.

The Schuylers bring some light into my dreary life. The Washington's were there for me when I was at my lowest point.

I'm with the Washington's right now. We're about to start eating.

George, although he insists I call him dad, asked us what we were thankful for.

What am I thankful for?

I suppose I have a lot to be thankful for. After the hurricane, I was left with nothing except my writing. I was lucky enough to gain enough money for it to get to America. There I was even more lucky that the Washington's were given my file when they asked to host a foster child.

I'm lucky to have gotten accepted into both Princeton and Colombia. To have graduated from one of the two with the title of valedictorian. To have gained the attention of the Schuyler sisters during those college years.

I'm lucky for so much, and I'm grateful for it too.

But I've also had to lose my brother and mother and my father was gone not long before that.

Then my cousin, the only living family I was lucky enough to find left, committed suicide...

So I've got a lot to not be grateful for as well.

But I've made it this far, I've got a stable job and an apartment that will do for now.

Yet I still end up wanting more. Someone to make me smile and laugh, to love me regardless of my nonstop work habits, to make sure I eat when I need to and take a break from writing every once in a while.

Someone to love and cherish that I would always be grateful for.

And for some reason, I would do anything for that to be you, my freckled angel.

Why do I always get too deep in my character narratives? Well I hope that you guys enjoyed this. And again, Happy Easter!