Chapter 11

Hey guys, I'm back! Btw guys, comments are what make me actually think about writing more you know, just letting you know (*hint**hint*). Okay so enjoy! P.S. I've changed John's contact name to his actually name since Alexander doesn't know it is him, yet.

January 11th

It's been about 11 days since I first sent that text and I've been talking with the person ever since.

Of course I mean texting. I don't have the courage to actually call you.

I still can't believe you actually thought to give me a Christmas gift, or that you would give me your number.

However, while I now can finally talk to you, I have a new problem.

I have no idea if it's really you.

I mean, I hope it's you. Who else would leave me a present and their number?

But still, I don't know for sure. It could be some other person in the café I don't even know.

Or it could be a creepy stalker that is trying to manipulate me.

I might just be overthinking this, but then again who knows?

I just walked into the café. I'm checking some emails on my phone while I get in line for my usual. I smile down at it when I see a good morning text you had sent a little earlier.

As I wait, I send you a text.

To John Laurens: Hey! I'm at the café where you left that pen for me remember?

After a few seconds, you text me back.

From John Laurens: Yeah I know.

Wait, what?

I'm starting to reconsider the possibility of you being a stalker.

I decide to casual question you without seeming like I'm creeped out.

To John Laurens: Wait. What do you mean by "I know"? Are you here?

After I send the text I look around the café to see if anyone is watching me. Then my phone vibrates and I look down at your response.

From John Laurens: Uh, no I just meant I know what you mean.

For some reason that makes me frown. I move up in line and order my drink while trying to filter through my emotions.

Why am I sad? I mean, isn't it a good thing he isn't watching me? I don't know... I guess maybe I had subconsciously hoped he was here.

I send a text to make sure.

To John Laurens: Are you sure?

From John Laurens: Yeah.

I get my Espresso and walk over to my usual seat.

I sigh and sip my warm drink, lost in thought.

Will I ever get to figure out who you are?

I hear the doorbell jingle as someone either leaves or enters the café, but I don't really feel like checking if it's you or not.

I send another text.

To John Laurens: Too bad. I would have liked to meet you.

Well, that's it for today. With luck I'll be free to write more for tomorrow. Bye!

~PJOandHP4life