Chapter 13

Hey guys, sorry about the late update. Things have been a bit busy with school.  I hope you enjoy this chapter!

January 22nd

I was walking to the café as usually when I got to a street corner.

I was right across from the café and looked over. I smiled as I saw you waiting in line through the window.

I was waiting for the light to change to red so I could walk over. In the meantime, I pulled out my phone and sent you a text.

To My Freckled Angel: Hey! I just wanted to say thanks again for the birthday present. I didn't realize you were so talented! Anyway, what are you up to?

After I knew for sure it was you, the whole gift thing made things pretty clear, I changed your contact name to something a bit more fitting. My phone buzzed and I looked down to read your response.

From My Freckled Angel: Thanks! It's nice to know someone likes my work. And I'm getting coffee rn. U?

I can't imagine anyone not thinking your work was amazing, and I almost sent that in a text but then the light turned red and I put away my phone as I walked across the street. Once I reached the corner where the café was, I pulled my phone back out.

From My Freckled Angel: Same. I just walked into my usual place.

I opened the door and heard the customary chime of the bell above it as I walked inside.

I look over to where you were and caught your eyes.

I smiled and start to wave but you quickly looked down. I think I might have even seen a blush rise to your cheeks. You put away your phone, and I get a weird sense of pride knowing I was who you were just texting.

I hear your name being called and you scramble to your feet and walk over to the barista. I got to the counter and stand next to you for a second as I try to gather up the courage to say something. Before I could, you dash out the door with your drink in hand.

I sigh feeling put out and pull out my phone.

I look at your profile picture, it's a pic of the turtle suit you wore on Halloween all those months ago. I send a text.

To My Freckled Angel: Hmm, your pretty cute. I like your freckles.

I look up and see you stop before you cross the street.

I smile and order my Espresso.

So... looks like Lams might just happen pretty soon. Who do you think is going to confess first? (And to the people who've already read The Guy at the Café, no spoilers!) Bye for now!

~PJOandHP4life