MATE: LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT Chap. 8.2

BY: JAP

Author's Note: Hi everyone I just wanted to remind you that there is non-verbal communication. The symbol for these parts is ^ ^ and **.

Chapter Eight Part Two

Recap

"Hello?" She said in a very sleepy voice.

"Oh thank God. Rachel this is Kara. Something has happened at our house, and Michael went to check it out and he never came back and he commanded me to stay in the room," at this point I was sobbing the words out. "And he won't answer me when I try to communicate with him and there was glass breaking and furniture moving and and and I don't know what to do."

I noticed that the other line had gone dead. Oh crap I hope they are on their way. In the mean time it looks like I am on my own.

----------------------------------------------

Kara's POV

^Michael, baby if you are okay please answer me.^

Silence greeted me.

I don't know what to do. Should I disobey a direct order from my Beta or just wait here and hope for the best.

How can this be happening?

We were just laying in bed sleeping and now Michael is MIA and I am a nervous, worried wreck.

^Michael, please answer me.^

Still nothing.

I couldn't hold myself up any longer. I collapsed under the weight of my sobbed.

^Please if you can hear me let me know that you are safe.^

Why wasn't he answering? I knew he was still alive. I could feel him, but that did not mean that he was uninjured or safe.

^Baby I just found you please just answer me. I need you Michael, please let me know that you are okay.^

The silence was deafening.

I was alone.

I didn't want to go on my heart hurt so bad.

I was on the floor with my head in my hands crying uncontrollably.

Suddenly I heard a noise coming from downstairs. I jumped to my feet. Ready to defend myself if necessary.

The noise got louder and louder by the second which made me realize that the sound was getting closer to me.

Michael!

Thank God! He was okay. In the back of my mind I noted that his scent was different, but I did not care. I was too happy he was safe.

I raced to the bedroom door jerking it open expecting to see Michael.

"Micha"

That is all I got out before I realized my mistake.

Standing there was Lucas of all people.

"Lucas what are you doing here? I thought you were Michael."

"He should be back any minute." He told me reassuringly.

Back? Back from where?

"Where exactly did he go?" I asked. I had to know what was going on.

"He went after the last rogue "

I cut him off.

"He did what?!"

"The guys who broke in downstairs were rogues. Michael and I took care of four of them but one got away. Michael went after him."