MATE: LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT Chap 10.5

• Dedicated to Everyone one who has read my stories.

MATE: LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT

BY: JAP

Author's Note: Hi everyone I just wanted to remind you that there is non-verbal communication. The symbol for these parts is ^ ^, **, and //.  

There is a picture of Chris to the right.

Chapter 10.5: The Decision

Recap

^Michael, babe where are you?^

^You don't remember me coming in and waking you up to tell you I had to go to an emergency meeting with my dad.^

^I don't remember anything after you answered the phone.^

^Babe you were really out of it. Listen if my meeting with my dad ends in time, I'll see you at school. Otherwise, come to my parent's house as soon as school lets out.^

-------------------------------------------

"So are you going to Stacy's party on Saturday?" Tara asked me as we set in the cafeteria.

"Well actually there is supposed to be a pack meeting Saturday night."

"What? No one said anything." Tara said.

"Besides we usually have meetings the last Saturday of each month." Ashlon added.

"Well maybe I shouldn't have said anything, but there is supposed to be any emergency meeting held on Saturday. I won't say why it is being held because I don't know if it is public knowledge. But gagging from your reactions to the meeting, I'd say that it is not."

"Well I guess none of us are going to the party." Ashlon said.

-----------------------------------------------

Kara’s POV

The pack meeting that should be taking place today has been canceled. Michael and David had a private meeting yesterday with the pack council. It was very hush, hush. Michael did not think that justice would be served if the penalty of death was on the table so he came up with an alternative that he could live with. He asked the council to banish Sasha from the pack and the pack’s land.  

I had to go in and tell the council about that night that the rogues busted into our home. Even the council members that were friendly with Sasha’s family were shocked to learn that Sasha would go to these lengths to get rid of me. In the shifting world rogues are like convicts are in the human world. So to hear that someone sent rogues to someone’s house is astonishing. After my testimony I was ushered back out of the room while the council spoke to Michael, David, Rachel and Sasha. I couldn’t stay because I was not the official Beta Female until Michael claimed me.

I had been sitting on a couch in the hallway for over an hour waiting for Michael to come out and tell me what decision the council made when my cell phone rang.

“Hello.”

“Hi babe. How are you?”

“Chris why are you calling me? We broke up remember.”

“I know what you said, but I know that you didn’t mean it. You just needed a little space.”

“Chris I don’t need space. I need you to leave me alone.”

“You don’t mean that baby.”

^Baby what the hell is going on? I can feel your anger through our link.^

“Kara! Kara!”

^Michael focus on the meeting. I am fine. I will explain when you are done with the meeting.^