ten

❝ revelation.❞

____________________________________

I couldn't believe it.

The me who haven't gotten a single glance of my cousin; nor my family for a span of a month, was unable to make sense of the situation. I thought I'd never see them again - yet here she is, plainly in front of me...and blending in perfectly to the high society.

Anna adorns a blood red dress with a plunging backline, exposing her petite figure. It wasn't long before my shocked reaction was eventually getting me noticed by the people surrounding me....including Anna.

Our eyes met.

Her gaze didn't seem to stir, as if she's slowly realizing that my now polished appearance was the me she usually saw in comfy sweatpants and granny panties. Anna places down her wineglass gently on the table, making a straight beeline towards my direction.

"You..." Anna's lips trembled as she examined me from top to bottom. "Why are you here?!"

Before I managed to conjour a reply, she pulls onto my wrist roughly, guiding me past the onlookers and across the dimly lit floor. As she brings me away, my eyes caught a glance of a familiar figure seated next to an older gentleman; accompanied by Dabin - Jimin's fiancé. The burly old man dunks a whiskey down his throat as he starts prompt him to drink as well.

But while I was distracted by them, Anna pulls me away and out of the crowd into a more secluded place on the cruise ship. Her body language depicted a person that had just been betrayed — which I assume was by me— and my heart fell a little.

"Why did you do it?" She shakes me with teary eyes. "Why did you sign a contract with that man?"

"I did it for mom. She can live freely..." I averted her gaze, staring anywhere but into her eyes.

"She isn't. She isn't living freely knowing that you sold yourself, Yona. Come to your senses."

Mom.

Her smile appears faintly in the depths of my mind, and I realized just how much I missed her- her voice that seemed to pull me out from the deepest, darkest, depths of an empty universe.

"Come back to us. This man...he's cunning, and I have an uneasy feeling about it. You cannot be with him."

"I did some background research about Park Jimin." Anna continues, biting down on her bottom lip. "It was all planned, Yona. His contract and the invitation for that party. He saw your name on the list, and-

"Yona?" a voice calls for me.

And there stood Park Jimin— peering fixedly at the both of us.

______________________________________

A/N: To answer your question, I got Yona's name from Akatsuki No Yona.

Thank you so much for reading this update even though it's only a changing scene in the story plot 😭🙏