twelve

the truth.

_____________________________________

"I'm going to...." Jimin informs me beforehand as he dives closer to my body, dangerously near my collarbone. As the cold tips of his fingers begin to unzip my dress, a surprised whimper escapes from my mouth. Although I tried my best to resist the warning signals, my hands subconsciously pushed him away.

"No—I- I can't. It's the contract, but I can't do it." my eyes begun to tear up; it was too overwhelming to the point that the bottle in my chest bursted all at once. I've been following his orders because I wanted to protect mother; to pay off the debt. Even though I told myself not to love someone as dangerous as he is; I found myself slowly falling to his siren.

"I'm so sorry, Yona, I really am."  Jimin looks at me with panic-stricken eyes, wiping away my tears carefully. "I'm not forcing you, so don't cry. I was an asshole."

Jimin lays comfortably beside me, circling the back of my hand to comfort my spirits. He embraces me in a gentle manner; enough for the cause of my pounding heart to turn into something else. "Are you okay now?" his warm breath tickles my ear as he hugs me tightly. I nodded into his chest, squeezing him back.

As I laid calmly in his arms, my mind drifted to the time where I signed the contract. I had to sit facing Jimin's lawyer and Jimin himself; in a dark room where privacy was apparent. I watched the shadow of my fingers move cautiously, dragging the pen and signing my entire life away.

For your mother. The lawyer said.

Come to think of it, I had no other way of repaying the astronomical debt my father had left for us. Other than becoming a cheapjack stripper; this route was the only one I could take. And I took it.

"Understand that by letting Mr Park pay for your debts, your mother is taken care of with the highest hospitality. So do not worry about her; but it would be impossible to meet her again."

It has only been a month, but I miss you, Mom.

_______________________________________

<ANNA>

"I can't believe this." I muttered to myself as my legs took me back and forth from each end of the room. "Why? Yona..."

For the past few weeks, I've been investigating Yona's disappearance. The only thing we had was a note from her bidding us goodbye; it was ridiculous, so I researched on where she went and how I could get her to come back.

Despite begging my wealthy, conceited parents, they refused to repay Yona's debt. It disgusts me how much they hate my own cousin because of their status.

"Yona....I have to get Yona out of there." I began scratching my head furiously, whilst flipping through the paperwork I've gathered. I had a team assemble files that Park Jimin kept, and one of them was particularly alarming.

The contents were an elaborate plan to get Yona by his side. Information about her father's debt, the party invitation guestlist, he knew it all. Park Jimin saw Yona's name on the list, and decided to show himself despite never doing that in his extravagant parties.

Which was why I absolutely couldn't let Yona be decieved by him any longer. He's manipulative and cunning—much like a wolf dressed in sheep's clothing. The last step of his plan further emphasised my urgency of stopping this particular contract. But from the looks of things, I might be a little too late. 

"STEP FIVE: MAKE YONA FALL FOR ME COMPLETELY."

_______________________________________

A/N: a plan Yona doesn't know about, what do you think?