iv.

liam looked at teddy as though she'd gone mad

but then he felt the butterflies come back.
she was prepared to get in all that trouble; for him.
he looked at her uncertainly.
"teddy, you've never even had detention, let alone skipped it."
she shrugged.
"are you sure?"
teddy inhaled sharply before responding.
"yeah. i'm sure."
"i just hope scott doesn't find out."
><
sneaking out of school wasn't easy when you're wanted for detention.
but with liam and masons help, teddy managed it.
just.
but, it was awkward.
they were just outside the locker rooms when coach finstock came out on patrol.
"quick, hide!"
mason hissed, as the panicked look grew on teddy's face.
suddenly, liam grabbed teddy by the hand and yanked her into a room.
of course, with teddy's luck, it just happened to be the boys locker room.
liam shoved teddy behind him and mason, releasing her hand, which disappointed teddy a little.
liam and mason felt everyone's gaze on them as they entered the locker room.
his cheeks peppered themselves with red blotches, and he pulled himself closer to mason to make sure teddy was covered.
"hi, guys."
mason said, breaking the silence.
"nothing to see here. just— uh, lacrosse tryouts. yay!"
liam mentally facepalmed at mason, but was grateful all the same.
one look from the dark boy was all it took for the pair to begin shuffling across the locker room to the showers.
it was definitely suspicious, but people only had suspicions, so that was okay.
when they got to the showers, liam and mason let teddy out.
she was blushing vigorously, but she smiled all the same.
"thanks."
teddy looked straight at liam, and the pair became lost in each others eyes once again.
every though running through teddy's mind was halted and replaced as she realised just how blue liam's eyes were.
they reminded her of summer skies.
vaguely aware of mason stood beside them, teddy forced herself to remove her gaze from the blonde boy.
"uh— and quick thinking, mase."
she improvised.
mason scoffed.
"don't let me ruin your moment."
both liam and teddy blushed furiously, but tossed the embarrassment aside when coach's whistle blew.
liam cussed, and threw his bag to the floor, pulling it open.
unexpectedly, liam ripped off his shirt.
teddy couldn't stop staring.
liam was obviously oblivious, rooting through his bag, but mason chucked, raising his brow knowingly.
teddy did her best to ignore mason as she stared.
liam was toned, with a six pack, and teddy blushed at even the sight of it.
when liam turned, she hastily turned away, feeling her cheeks burn.
still, she found herself disappointed when he replaced his discarded shirt with a white tank top.
"coming?"
he asked the pair, swinging his bag over his shoulder.
the trio left the locker room, and teddy found her legs moving quicker as liam and mason broke into a jog.
thirty seconds later, they arrived at the bleachers.
teddy and mason wished liam good luck before taking a seat, right behind of scott's friends.
she greeted malia and kira politely before turning to mason.
the dark boy was still laughing slightly, and teddy noticed how the sunlight bounced off of his earring.
mason finally stopped laughing and looked teddy dead in the eye, smirking.
"you're into him."
><
teddy refused to talk to mason all whilst the lacrosse players warmed up.
teddy tried to prove mason wrong; she tried to focus on her brother and stiles, but with scott in the middle and stiles right down the back, teddy found her eyes automatically drawn towards the front, where liam ran.
mason just followed her gaze, chuckling.
perspiration ran down liam's forehead, and his white tank top was already wet.
he finished the laps first easily, and began to practice keeping with garrett.
garrett too was good; his shots were expert, aimed at each corner of the net, but still, liam caught each one with ease.
teddy found herself wide-eyed at his skill.
finally, when stiles finished his laps, the tryouts began.
first, everyone took shots against the normal keeper.
liam was close to the front of the line, and he got it in with one perfect flick of the lacrosse stick.
scott and stiles were down at the middle of the line.
scott went first, taking a swift run up before swinging.
teddy held her breath as the ball flew in an arch— and missed the net.
she sighed, closing her eyes for a second before looking at the disappointed look on her brothers face.
stiles was up next, and teddy new that despite the boys best efforts, he had no chance.
his ball bounced off the post.
teddy watched as stiles and scott conferred, but she didn't catch what they said.
she could tell they were both looking in the same direction as she was, though.
at liam.
><
eventually, even coach had given up all hope for his best players.
"stilinski, mccall!"
he yelled.
"defence!"
one by one, the players tried to get past scott and stiles.
finally, things were looking up for the pair— they even took out garrett, but liam was next in line.
with one swift dodge, liam avoided scott and veered past stiles, the ball passing the goalie at an astounding speed.
even teddy found herself cheering, despite the frustrated looks on her brothers and his best friends faces.
lydia looked at the youngest mccall, confused, but malia wasn't having her boyfriend and his best friend bested by a freshman
"do-over!"
she yelled, standing up and causing her highlighters to spill out over the bleachers.
"honey,"
coach sighed.
"this is lacrosse. there are no 'do-overs."
but malia wouldn't back down.
"ten bucks on scott and stiles!"
lydia from behind, and scott and stiles from the pitch could be heard groaning by teddy.
she wished malia hadn't said that— it meant scott had another chance to use his wolf powers, and on liam, too.
"i'll take that action!"
coach yelled, and teddy sighed in dismay.
she prayed that scott would be too smart to 'wolf out', but then again, she had her doubts.
so as liam began to run, teddy found out that she couldn't bear to watch, but she couldn't avert her gaze.
she watched as liam got around stiles with ease and then charged at scott.
scott didn't back down, and she managed to jar her head away before hearing a sickening crunch.
liam was on the floor, wincing in pain.
before teddy could really comprehend what was happening, her feet had carried her down the bleachers and to liam's side.
mason followed.
"scott!"
teddy yelled as the two juniors hauled liam's arms over their shoulders.
"i didn't mean to."
scott said as coach began to yell.
"somebody get him to a hospital!"
"we'll do it."
scott said, his eyes full of regret.
"come on, teddy."
stiles panted, still out of breath.
"we're your ride home."
><
the school nurse insisted that the seniors took liam to the hospital.
teddy tagged along, a guilty look on her face.
when scott and stiles ran to the hospital desk, she turned to liam.
"i'm so sorry."
she said, now the pair were out of earshot.
"oh, god, i can't believe scott did that. he didn't mean to— he's a nice boy. oh, god, he probably just ruined our whole friendship."
teddy stumbled over her words.
"but it's not your fault if you don't wanna be friends with me.."
teddy slowed down her speech.
she was rambling.
"i'm sorry, liam."
she said slowly, cautious not to start rambling on again.
but, to her surprise, liam was laughing.
"it's fine, teddy, seriously. of course i still wanna be friends with you. it was my fault anyway."
liam looked down at his leg, and despite teddy's heart racing, she put her hand on liam's shoulder.
the boy looked up.
suddenly, stiles, scott, and nurse mccall rounded the corner, and teddy flinched away.
"come on."
teddy's mother said.
"the nurse will see you now."