Unsteady

"Jac you're going to hurt yourself!" Fletch exclaimed as she was determined to get up and walk unaided to the toilets,
"The only thing that's hurting me is you hovering around me like some sort of wasp" she said through gritted teeth.
"Please will you let me just take you down there in a chair" he pleaded, trying to reason with her.
"No! I'm not weak...I'm not weak" she whispered, her voice trembling.
"Bravery isn't about not having flaws Jac" he said softly walking up behind her, she swayed on her feet as he caught her. "It's about admitting these flaws and wearing them proudly" he whispered in her ear as he gently lowered her down in the chair.
"Fine you win" she muttered
"It's not about winning Jac, there are no winners and losers in real life"

She stood at the sink in the toilets, looking in the mirror, tears had formed in her eyes as she looked at her pale reflection
What had she become
She thought, she felt empty, emotionless. She was weak and powerless, relying on others to aid her with basic tasks, she was everything she despised.
A knock on the door interrupted her thoughts,
"Jac are you okay in there?"
Oh no, not him, she thought, he couldn't see her like this, flawed and vulnerable.
"I'm fine" she choked out
"You don't sound it"
"Just leave me alone"
"I'm not going to do that, you know that"
"Why not, everyone else does?"
"I'm not everyone else Jac"
Tears escaped from her eyes, making soft tracks down her face. She felt strong arms wrap around her, holding her as her body shook, he guided her back into her chair and knelt beside her, her hand in his.
"Look at me" he whispered
She shook her head, refusing to meet his glance, ashamed.
"I said look at me" he said softly, his hand guided her cheek to face him, her eyes met his.
"Why are you so ashamed Jac, what are you afraid of?"
"We come into this world alone Fletch, as a thriving bundle of cells, we leave this world alone, as a weakened soul. We're born alone, we die alone"
"But you don't have to exist alone Jac, I won't let you. While you were there, surrounded by machines and tubes I promised you I would never let you go and that this time I would get it right."
"Why? Why do you put up with this?"
"Love does weird things Jac"

He loves me?

"I will never let you go Jac ever"

He loves me.

- - - - - - TBC- - - - - -
Sorry for not updating for a while. Had a fair amount of personal shiz going on as you've all probably guessed by my instagram so anyway thanks for the support guys I have nearly 3k reads and I didn't expect this to take off like this so thank you!
This chapter was very personal and powerful to me so I hope you all like it
- L 💙