05

A/N holy fuck i don't know why my shit didn't save I have to write it all over again i'm so sorry

I couldn't tell what I was angrier at, the fact that my mother bribed the hospital to tell me my condition was way worse than it actually was, or the fact that my whole entire family was in on it. They numbed my legs and arms so I couldn't feel a thing and they told me that my liver was grazed, which didn't turn out to be true. The reason why they did it still confuses me, my mother told me it was 'for the best' but I knew she just wanted me to go back to live with her. After the 'incident,' i moved out. I didn't really want to be a part of my family.

My sister could almost be the spitting image of Ian's sister, Stephanie, but she knew how to dress. My mom dressed in all red looking like Penelope Blossom from the show Riverdale, which gave me creepy blossom vibes. My sister came in, tapping away furiously on her phone. My father dressed in a suit, just coming back from work.

"Serena, darling!" my mother said as she showered me in kisses. I pushed her away discreetly. George looked at them in disgust as Chloe glared my sister down, judging my family. My mother's pearls got stuck in my hair and snapped some of my raven hair out but she didn't notice. Of course she didn't. "Hello, Serena. How are you?" My father asked, as he tried to show concern for me I didn't bother to appreciate it, because I knew that it wasn't genuine. "Hi." was all my sister said as she kept her eyes glued to the screen. "I'm fine, uh. Mom can I talk to you?" I asked her. She looked at me and shot me a fake smile. "Of course, dear. What would you like to talk about?" I gulped, sweat forming on my forehead. It was a chance to sever my relationship with my family once more, or I could not say anything. If I said it, it would feel so good. Max, Ian, George and Chloe all looked at me expectantly.

"Uhm, nothing. Nevermind." I stammered. Max groaned and Ian sighed. I knew they were all disappointed in me. My sister rolled her eyes. "Can I get out of here? Serena's wasting my time." My mother shot her a warning glare, immediately shutting her up. "Fine, but only because we have that celebratory dinner to go to." My mother said. My dad, of course, paid no attention at all to this conversation because he was too occupied waiting for one of his clients to call. "Alright, Serena, darling. We'll see you later!" 

After attacking me with kisses, my mother left with my father and sister trailing behind her. "Do you really let them just walk all over you like that?" Max asked. I sighed, exchanging a look with him. "I just-I don't want to ruin whatever I have with my family. We're already torn apart by the past, I guess I'll just discharge myself out of here." I said meekly. "Yeah, guys. Give her a break, she tried and it didn't work, so whatever." a voice piped in. I felt blood rush to my cheeks. "I'm sorry guys. I know you don't like the fact that they use me but I'm scared." I explained. "Of what?"

"Of losing more people."