15

The last we ever saw of Chloe was when she moved out. We've lost all contact with her, for some reason. She doesn't respond to any of our texts or calls. I could tell this infuriating the boys. Chloe was our friend, or so we thought.
-
It's been a week now and storm season has been coming in hot. The streets were flooded and currently, we couldn't go out anywhere in the rain or we got sick. Ian went out for a run and came back soaking wet, a few hours later he caught a cold.

"Serena!" Max called out from downstairs.

"What?" I yelled back from my room. I was currently listening to Lil Peep on repeat in my room. My mind was blank at the moment as I struggled to write the next chapter for my book.

"SERENA!" Max screeched like a little girl. There was clattering and yelps that followed after. I furrowed my eyebrows, "SERENA COME DOWNSTAIRS RIGHT NOW!" Ian screamed.

"Okay! I'm coming! Jeez.." I screamed back, then I begrudgingly stumbled downstairs only to find Max holding a broom standing on a chair and Ian curled on up our kitchen counter. Below them were dozens or rats squeaking among each other. I let out a shreik as George came dashing through the doorway.

"Oh. My. God." I muttered under my breath. Max whacked away at the rats with a broom, causing them to go back inside a hole they crawled in from.

"Must be from the rain." George said. Ian sneezed, causing me to get startled and lose my balance on the stairway that i was standing on. My expected reaction was that my head would hit the marble floor so I braced myself. But the fall never came. Instead, I was enveloped in the arms of George. I blushed again. My face as red as a tomato. George look at me in concern.

"Woah, are you catching a cold too?" He asked. My eyes almost got lost in his, but fortunately it was short-lived as I snapped out of my trance. Noticing the position we were in, my eyes were the size of saucers as I pushed him away. If he had gotten any closer I would have fainted.

"I-I'm fine! Thanks though." I said. Max and Ian turned back to me. "Holy moly we gotta move." They said in unison.

-

One Month Later

It had been a while since I saw the three boys. They all moved out after the rat situation, and so did I. George found a studio apartment few miles away from the old house. Max and Ian shared a two bedroom apartment next to his building, and I found a small house down the street for myself.

Max: Serena come overr

Serena: Are you guys at your house?

Max: nah we're at george's

Serena: oh

Max: yo i get that you're nervous to see him but just come he missed you too

Serena: fine fuck
Max: give me his address

I sighed into my phone. Time to get dressed. It was a relatively chilly day so I settled on a colorful sweater and some jeans. No makeup today because I was feeling a bit lazy. My acne had disappeared from me having a good rest. The bed in the new house was pretty comfortable. Especially since I sold all my old furniture from the other house. So it was pretty obvious as to why i did not want to leave my queen sized, silk sheeted bed. Still, seeing George would make my day a lot better.