27

After receiving that text, George only had one thing on his mind. 

What happened?

He struggled to believe that he actually cheated. There was no way in hell. He had come to love Serena in the time that he knew her. At first, he thought it would be best to ignore it but the texts from that person just kept coming. 

+2346785487: you can't ignore me.

+2346785487: miss you

+2346785487: just leave your girl, I'm right here

George just couldn't stand it anymore. 

George: what do you want? 

+2346785487: you.

That was the last straw. Whoever it was, George wasn't going to do let the person send him any more texts, and so; he blocked them.

-

Serena had been cooking in the kitchen. Today it was Japanese food, Japanese curry and rice to be specific. Max and Ian had already gobbled down on the curry and were having seconds. George played with his food as a troubled look clouded his face. 

"You alright?" Serena asked. 

George nodded, snapping out of his trance. She decided to shrug it off, knowing that it was best not to pry anyways. And decided to get seconds as well. The four of them ended up eating to their hearts' content and having a fun dinner, joking around, and having pleasant conversations; something that they haven't had in a while. 

"So YOU'RE telling me, that pineapples DON'T belong on pizza?" Max accused Ian, looking very surprised. Ian nodded vigorously. "UH, of course. Savory and sweet definitely don't match together. " He protested. Max face dropped."I absolutely disagree. They are a perfect combination. Don't hate it till you try it." 

Ian stuck out his tongue, "You've said that three times, and made me eat Hawaiian pizza FOUR times." They all laughed. "Well, I'm SORRY but you just have to see the true taste of Hawaiian." 

Serena leaned on George as they watched the pair bicker. "If they weren't best friends, they would have been dating already." George joked, he earned a laugh from Serena. "That's true. She agreed. 

After dinner, George retreated to his room, tired and still a bit hungover from all the heavy drinking. He promised himself, that would be the last time he drank that much, but deep down he knew that it was a lie. He was so lost in thought that by the time he noticed that Serena had gotten in bed with him, her arms had already snaked around his waist. 

"Hey," he said. She hummed in response. There was a long pause.

"Are you mad at me? For- disappearing." He asked a bit worried as well. She said lightly that she had heard nothing at all. George realized how quiet he spoke when he was nervous. "Well- I guess you could say I was pretty worried but, it's hard to anger me. It's sort of-y'know, not really my thing to get riled up. Takes too much energy." She said, adding in a light chuckle. George sunk in his bed. You'd think he'd be more relieved that she wasn't mad. But he panicked instead, what if he had actually cheated? Then she'd actually be angered, and he wasn't sure if he'd want to see that. 

"Well, I'm tired." She said, yawning. George turned to face her. "Alright, good night." 

"Goodnight."