19

{A/N} hey guys, so i've just entered this book in the #wattys2018 and i would really really appreciate it if you guys voted for me. You don't need to but, I'd love it if you do. Thanks to everyone that have supported me and this book. Thank you for reading. Cheers!

The clatter of silverware hitting the marble floor of the food court startled both Ian and Max. Some people turned to look at me with disapproving looks but it didn't matter to me. They watched as I sat up and walked away, the two boys lagging behind.

"Come on! They probably were just talking as friends!" Ian tried to convince. I shook my head, as said before, I don't like to cry but George was really pushing it this time. Tears were threatening to spill at this point.

"I don't think friends hold hands and share milkshakes," Max admitted, weakly. That statement caught Ian off-guard. "They were holding hands?!" My eyes scanned the mall for a way out and when I found one, I disappeared amidst the large crowd of people.

-

The boys knew that she would be fine by herself, of course. Serena knew this city like she knew the back of her hand. They had other problems to take care of.

Max and Ian marched down to the table where George was. Chloe giggled way too loud, unaware of the fuming boys making their way towards them. "Do you wanna go back to my place?" She whispered seductively in his ear. A blush spread across George's face.

"Are you serious right now?"

The voice snapped them out of their own little world. "Excuse me?" Chloe said, slightly annoyed at the fact that they interrupted a moment. George pushed himself away from Chloe, earning a frown from her.

"I-I can't believe you!" Ian said, flabbergasted.

"Believe what?" George asked, but he knew what the answer was. "You know what, why would you be with her after everything she's done to you?" said Ian, a look of disappointment flits over his face. Max recognized George's expression and clenched his jaw, turning his head towards Ian. Chloe resisted the urge to smirk, seeing as how oblivious George was to the whole ordeal.

"And you!" Max raised his voice.

"She thought of you as a best friend! You knew how she felt! Why would you do that to her? She forced herself to leave it alone. She didn't want to cause any more drama, considering you two already had. But I can't take it- WE can't take it." Max said, gesturing to Ian.

"Wait, who's she?" George asked. Max rolled his eyes, giving away the fact that he had been annoyed at George's last remark.

"Who do you think? Serena!" Ian said, stating the obvious. Suddenly, Chloe's smug demeanor shifted into a guilty one.

"She likes me. " George said to himself.

"Wow, Captain Obvious" Ian said, rage laced his words. With that remark, he turned around and walked away. Max wasn't done though, he grabbed the milkshake and splashed it at Chloe, getting some on George too. "Hey!" Chloe shrieked.

-