28

When the pair woke up, it wasn't those romantic, under the sunlight, gentle mornings. Serena had somewhere to be. The shrill alarm of the clock shook both of them awake until they had no essence of exhaustion left in them.

Serena checked her clock and ran to the shower. George groaned, wanting to have a couple more minutes of sleep. When she was done, she got dressed in a normal dress shirt and black slacks. She brushed her teeth while George woke up and did her normal makeup routine. "You're getting really good at the eyebrows." complimented Serena. "I know right?! You look great." He laughed. "Wow, can't believe it. THE Joji. Never thought he would be doing MY makeup!" She teased. George pouted and tapped her nose lightly with a brush dipped in highly pigmented pink blush, almost caking her entire face with the rosy powder.

"Hey!"

-

"I don't think Max or Ian has woken up, it's only 6:30" George noted, checking his phone. "Yeah, I'm just gonna eat a cereal," Serena replied. She poured in the cereal and then the milk. The plain flavor of cornflakes was enough for her not to add any sugar. They sat at the table for a while, before getting up to do whatever they had for the day. In reality, George didn't really have anything to do that day. He just wanted to sleep in. Serena was already out, on that new job interview as an assistant for an art curator at the local museum. Surprisingly, Max did wake up and knowing him, he poked Ian until he was awake. George was a bit surprised they woke up relatively early because they usually never have the energy to get up at all.

Max and Ian decided to go try a couple of new restaurants nearby, and called George to tag along; so the three of them set out to the mall. They saw lots of fans, most of them were usually 20-year-old dudes just like them, some were creepy, and some fans were actually pretty girls that Max and Ian were gawking at. 

As the trio sat down in a new, Mexican restaurant, they were ordering their drinks and when it was George's turn, he ordered a beer. "Got it," the waiter said.  When Joji set down his menu, he noticed a paper in front of him. It was a small piece of paper with red words written in what looked like blood, but it probably wasn't.

"Hello, my love."

Joji's eyes widened, it was the waiter! She was the one who was stalking him, if only he had looked up before. When their drinks were served, according to Max and Ian who saw the previous waiter, this one was a different person. When they asked about the previous person, she shrugged.

"There's no one here that looks like that. And trust me, I've been here for a long time." She remarked. What Joji didn't notice was a hooded figure staring at him in the corner of the restaurant, holding a red ink pen.