Chapter 1

Caitlyn's P.O.V

I've always had terrible montion sicknes. Watching the landscape fly out by the window and feeling the thumps as the train hits bumps in the tracks makes my insides twist into an intricate knot. It wasn't just by the sickness that was making my stomach turn, however. There was also the feeling of immense distance from Aaron. I keep thinking that if I keep looking out the window maybe I'll see him flying in the sky leaving a gold trail of purity behind him. The sun always seems to reflect off his wings.

The awkwardness of the trip set in about an hour ago. Vernea is sitting next to me in the same booth and Daniel Is sitting in the booth across from us. I still have a million questions none of which are going to be answered by either of them until we get to... wherever we're going. About two days ago we were all wearing shorts and tanktops and sandals. Today I was wearing a purple sweater that Paige had gotten me when I went to Burke along with a white knit, infinite scarf, a leather jacket, black leggings and combat boots.

It's been three weeks since Paige and I have even emailed each other.

I wiped the sad thought from my mind.

Vernea is dressed in black, stylish button up jacket and black jeans with black ankle boots and a garnet colored scarf. Her long thick,blonde hair is pulled up into a braided bun just above her neck. Daniel is wearing a leather jacket with many zippers and pockets a grey sweater blue jeans, hiking boots and a blue scarf.

Aaron is probably in his black trench coat, his dark hair flowing past him in the wind and his silver eyes with the gold rim sparkling whenever he looks up at the grey skies....

My heart befan to ache again, What about my father? What will the school tell him? I'm sure they can't just come out and tell him that his daughter had to flee from the city temporarily until the world is an equal balance of Good and Evil again.

A peppy, female, Latin American accent breaks the awkwardness.

"Hello! How are you today? Food and drinks will be out shortly so what can I get for your guys?"

We all looked over to the left. A tall girl looking to be about nineteen years old was smiling at us and holding up a small notepad and a pen ready to start writing. There was an errie feeling about her that made my stomach twist up, but I wasn't sure why. He hair was short and black and her skin was the type of tan you only see on Italian or Latin American people. Her eyes were inky,

Daniel smiled a little.

"Whiskey," he stated, "On the rocks."

"I'm going to need some indentification sir," the woman replied,

Daniel raised a brow at her still keeping his grin,

"Hun do I look like I'm younger than twenty one?" he asked her winking.

So this is how Daniel gets what he wants all the time. I thought to myself

She giggled.

"Of course sir. I'll be right out with your drink," then she looked over at Verena who was rolling her eyes across the table at Daniel."And you miss?"

"I'll have a lemonade." Verenea replyed.

She jotted it down on her notepad and then looked at me. I always get so nervous when I talk to people I don't know. I froze up.

"And you"

I was hungry I knew that.my stomach had been growling for the past twenty minutes which only made the awkward silence between the three of us more awkward. For some reason though the thought of eating just made me want to throw up. I shook my head.

"I'm fine for now." I muttered.

The woman nodded.

"Alright, those drinks will be out in a sec!" then she disappeared around the corner.

Vernea looked over at Daniel.

"You really shouldn't do that." Verna scoffed.

Daniel sighed,

"Oh Verena." He purred "You're cute."

Vernea turned her nose up and then crossed her arms. She looked over at me.

"I know you don't understand but you should really eat something you haven't eaten in.... how long now?" she asked.

I didn't want to tell the truth.in all honestly. I hadn't eaten since before I had to leave Aaron behind.

And that was two days ago,

"You look very pale. Whats wrong? I want you to answer my question." Vernea stated,

"two days." I reluctunatly muttered under my breath.

"How long I couldn't hear you." Vernea asked me again,

"Two days alright!" I exclaimed then leaned back against my seat.

Venea and Daniel both stared at me as If I had just killed ten thousand babies. I kept my eyes averted to the floor where my feet were, the lack of food was having an effect on me. for the past three hours I hadn't been able to stop trembling. Or maybe that was jusgt my motionsickness or anxiety.

"You're eating tonight." Vernea comandeed and then went back to talking to Daniel.

I sighed and stared out the window watching the trees and forestry go by. I didn't want food, I didn't want water

All I wanted was Aaron.