Chapter 12

Aaron P.O.V

"An angel hasn't lost it's wings in millons of years , Aaron." Dev snapped crossing her arms and rolling her eyes. "And it certantily isn't going to happen now."

Aaron looked around at all of them. Blair and Dev looked skeptically but there was something about Abbey's eyes that made Aaron believe he couldn't be trusted. Aaron made a side note to keep an eye on him

"Dev we were both alive to witness the first angel's fall. Do you remember the noise it made? Like the one we heard just now? Because I remember very clearly?"he narrowed his eyes at her." Don't be ignorant. You're smarter than that."

Aaron could practically feel Dev's blood boiling.

"At least I didn't curupt myself into falling." She growled,

That instantly made Aaron angry yet defeted at the same time. He had no good come back, no good ideas no way to save the day like he usually did. They didn't believe him and there was nothing he could do. He shook his head, his fists go and sat down on the cold earth floor.

They all began speculating what it could have possibly been purpously leaving Aaron out of the converstation. Aaron never asked to be let in. instead he got lost in his own thoughts. Heaven had been having a phase, a phase where everyone inhabitating it seemed to be ignorant, not wanting to see the truth. Everyone was too busy with 'polticial' affairs to look around them and see the Realms including earth for what it actually is. Things were going downhill and no one wanted to help it except for Aaron.

It was ironic because all of the realms were going through pretty much the same phase that Heaven was going through especially on earth. The people of earth seemed so engrossed in political correctness and the American dream to think about what really mattered. Everyone was too woried about laws and opinion. Aron thought back to a simpliar time when people were too worried about what was going to be on the table for dinner and how they were going to make ends meet to worry about such small issues.

Aaron decided silently that it was time to stop waiting for something to happen. He had to make it happen.

He got up and began walking away. They all looked at him asked him where the hell he was going but he just keeps walking. It was time to change for himself and the universe.

It was time to find Caitlyn, Daniel and Vernea.

When Aaron arrived in Verona only half an hour had passed. Flying had always been his way of transportation.it was fast and convient. He made sure to land just a mile away from Verona so he could let his wings sink back into his back without people npticing them. Last night Verona had felt the way it always had to Aaron comforting calm yet lively. However today he could sense the suspicion in the air even a mile away from the town. Aaron began walking through the woods and towards the crowded city.

He was determined. Nothing was going to keep Aaron from seeing Caitlyn and becoming acquinted with Verena and his brother again. This was something he had to do and he couldn't do it without them. However Aaron wasn't exactly sure what he was going to do yet. A full on war would not help, the two sides had not fought since the crusades. Instead he would have to take baby steps.Aaron often foind that he couldn't do that without tripping over his own feet but he had faith that Caitlyn would help him keep his balance.

When he got to the bridge he crossed it leasurily as if he was just a normal human taking an evening stroll. His hair blew in the wind and fell in dark wisps over his face. It was peaceful in Verona but also very low profile as if domeone in the city was in danger or keeping something secret.

He arrived at the villa near 11am his time however it was already 5pm in Verorna. He took a deep breath as he stared up at it's limestone walls and pillars. The first thing they had to deal with was the Fall. If Aaron had faith in anyone, it was Verenea. She probably heard the same sound Aaron had heard and instantly knew what it was. Suddenly feeling a stroke of confidence, if he made his way up to the steps and to the doors.

The villa had always been beautiful, the sparkling tile floors and the netural walls and the intricate chandaliers. It almost made Aaron feel at home. He grinned as he made his way through the halls. He found Vernea almost immediately who was on the balcony talking with a woman with short hair and olive skin. Verena looked distraught and panicked. Aaron made his way over to the,

"Vernea we need to-"

The girl Vernea had been talking to turned to face him. Aaron gasped. She smiled. He felt his heart rise up in his throat as her big grin seemd to grow more demented and ominous...."Lamia"

"Aaron..." Vernea began turning towards him completely ignoring the fact that he shouldn't even be there. before she could finish her sentence he heard footsteps coming up the staircase to the balcony. Before Aaron could even turn to look over his shoulder, a tiny thin figure with familiar black hair and green eyes rushed over to him and wrapped her arms around his waist. Aaron didn't hesitate to put one of his arms around her and hug her to his side.

"Aaron" Caitlyn exclaimed.

Aaron wanted to embrace her mjust the same, but a small hug would have to do. He kept his eyes on Vernea who looked fearful and shocked. When the words escaped her lips. Aaron thought he might pass out from all of the sudden commotion.

"...Daniels gone."