Chapter 22

Aaron P.O,V

Aaron always finds a way to come and go as he pleased though never really used it unless he needed to. The only times he used it were times like this when he was angry and wanted to get away from everyone or over the centuries when Caitlyn her persistent soul would find him once again. At the thought of it he shuddered then pushed the thoughts back into his mind. Sometimes he liked thinking about it and other times he didn't and right now was one of the those times when he already had too much on his mind.

Nevertheless he flew,

The trees below looked like sharp hills coming up from the earthen floor waiting for Aaron to fall from the sky and onto their depths any minute. He swallowed hard. He'd always thought the earth was visually beautiful up close but when viewing it from the stratosphere, he thought it looked like a more natural version of hell a place he had not been to since ages and ages ago. The skies above began to roar with thunfer as he crossed Europe passing right by Italy and Austria until he came to a stop in Germany where it was also storming but much more servely. He knew where he was goindand who he wanted to see. He had to find Daniel and Caitlyn but little did he know that Daniel had already returned.

He let himself lower down to the forest floor just outside of Offenburg. He knew where he was without even taking a look at it. The place was all too familiar. He was in the Black Forest a mountainous region known for it's vast size and abduance of castles and ruins. He had been many places in Germany but only some citys give him the sickening yet thrilling feeling that this one did. He had that butterflies in his stomach feeling and Aaron knew why, but he tried to avoid thinking about it.

He could sense her presence here.

Both of them actually but one of them he would not find here. He had come here looking for someone else he had not seen in a while and he needed her help. He cleared his throat and let his intuition guide him through the trees. He pushed branches back peering ahead of him into the distance as he walked. An occasional leaf fell from the trees everyonce in a while but other than the swaying branches and the peaceful eruption from the mouths of birds overhead, the forest was comepletly silent with tranquility.

He came to an opening and saw her there standing on the very edge of the cliff her long curly black hair that looked almost like blood whenever the light hit it glistened with near perfection. Her back was to him. He could see that she was dressed almost like that of a human but that's how she had always dressed form Lolita dresses to sweatpants a black sweater and a pai of leggings and ankle boots that looked good for climbing and running even though her wings took her everywhere she needed to  be. Her hair was tied into a long messy ponytail and her skin still milky white was more transparent than Aaron remembered.

"Claire?" Aaron called putting his hand abover his eyes to shadow them from the sun.

Without hesitation she turned around. A big smile spread across her face and she ran over to him.

"Aaron how are you buddy?" she asked him casually her icy blue eyes sparkling in the light.

He smiled even though on the inside he was dying. "I'm well what about you?"

"You don't seem well." Claire said her smile fading as she studied his eyes. "You have that funny look to your eyes you know? The kind you get when you're angry or upset. You're a terrible liar by the way"

Aaron sighed and let his shoulder slump

"I am very grateful to have the chance to see you again and I wish I could say the same for Thorne but he hasn't been around. That is not thepoint though. I have a problem. Actually all of us do. So we all need to fix it including you and Thorne." Aaron explained lifting his hand and scratching the back of his neck.

She raised  a brow at him.

"Oh really does this mean you're going to let me stop this whole 'patrolling places' around the world that Caitlyns soul has touched thing temporarily?" Claire asked him.

Aaron noddedand crossed his arms."You are correct."

Arron jumped in surprise when Claire let out a cry of triumph.

"Hell yes! This bullshit has bored me to death!" Claire's smile got bigger as she yelled.

"Okay, Okay." Aaron chuckled reaching out to grab Claire's wrists until she calmed down "I know it was impolite of me to stick you with such a teadious and tiring job. But these recent events left me with no choice,"

Claire nodded then lowered her wrists. Aarons eyes widened when Claire threw her arms out in front of her and pulled him into a tight friendly hug.

"It's been so long!" she exclaimed.

Aaron began to feel uncomfortable.he stiffened and said. "I don't hug anyone other than-"

"Oh shut up I'm sure your oversized ego can afford one hug." Claire interrupted.

He grinned and gently hugged her back. Even though she didn't have a filter Aaron had missed her blunt opportunist attitude.

Suddenly as they were breaking from the hug Aaron felt the ground tremble as av... big force landed on it. He could also faintly hear the sound of footfalls erupting against the dirt and he turned ready  to defend himself but when he saw who was coming all he had was a smile on his face.

Floating above the ground was Verena her arm locked around Daniel's which Aaron questioned slightly when he saw that Daniel didn't have his wings out himself. The footfalls were getting closer but Aaron could sense who it was before he even got there. the footfells got slower and louder as he approached and the lycan angel hyrbrid came forward the familiar orange eyes looking to be a stricking amber in the sunlight. Throme could take either form but he usually chose to appear as a lycan.nevertheless his face began to change along with the rest of his body as he came to a rest at his normal state his shirt and jeans ripped from the change. Aaron could see the large rips on his knees and chest.

Aaron looked at all of them. As his eyes rested on Daniel he put two and two together and gasped at his realization. Aaron had been correct all along something he usually couldn't sat about himself.

"You've fallen." Aaron's voice was not melancholy nor excited but flat.

Daniel swallowed hard.

"I'm mortal now. But brother I do not regret it."

"Why do you guys always talk so damn formal? Just because we're inhuman doesn't mean we should walk around with pompous holier than thou attitudes." Claire scoffed but Aaron ignored it just as Verena tried to explain to her that it's just how all of them are used to speaking.

Giving him a parcilur stare Aaron was suddenly distracted by Daniel's eyes. If Daniel was completely mortal his eyes would not still be magenta. They would take on a more human colour such as brown or green. But there they were still a bright magenta with flicks of gold in them.

"Your eyes."

As Aaron said it everyone turned to look at him and for the first time noticing it, Verenas brow furrowed.

"I don't know why..." Daniel sghed then looked down in both confusion and defeat.

Aaron knew why however and his eyes brightened at the thought.

"This is only temporary your punishment."

Daniel looked up a smile now on his face. From all of those years spent as an outcast, Aaron knew what it meant when a fallen angel kept it's coloured eyes they would rise back to a grace again.

"I've heard Cailtyn is missing." Throne broke in stepping forward.

They all exchanged glances. Claire left looking heartbroken at the thought of her newly acquinted best friend going mussing. All of them had certain looks on their faces that separated them from each other. A solemn look from Daniel a determined one from Verena a knowing one from Thorne and a saddened one from Claire and a wise one from Aaron. Then Vernea met Aaron's eyes.

"It's time to find her."